Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took out my old blue wgp 03 autococker and the bolt is clearly corroded/oxidized and stuck.I have tried spraying pb blaster pentrating oil and that did not help at all.I even tried hammering a metal rod in the hole to force out the bolt.that did not work.I took vice grip pliers and tried to twist it out and all it did was create metal shavings from the bolt

Does anyone have any tips to remove a corroded (aluminum?) bolt from a autococker? im wondering even if I did get it out would the inside chamber still be functionable.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
If its that bad, the chamber would probably need polished to work right. I would let it soak a day or two in something like PB Blaster, WD 40, or anything like that. The longer it soaks the better.

The problem with hitting it with a metal rod is that you could widen the bolt head and make it stuck even worse.

·
Administrator
14,011 Posts
agreed ^^^

be aware though, one down side to this is wd-40 will eat the o-rings so I would remove the body from the frame and take everything in the lower tube that you can out. you probably wont be able to get the valve out unless you have the WGP valve tool so this means the valve body o-rings may very well be dead when this is all over and you will have to visit a shop to fix that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts