Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy my father knows had to drop something off in my town so he stopped by to talk. He has (that I didn't know about until tonight) a 1998 Viper that is normally 700rwhp/900rwtq, and can be even more when he hits the nitrous which he just got installed (I know, who needs nitrous in an 800hp Viper?). I saw it parked outside and ran out to look at it, I said jokingly "I'll let you drive my mustang if I can drive that" to my supprise he said yes! I hopped in and he told me let it out in second and go easy. I barely eased of the clutch and the tires started to break free a little, anything that can break traction in second gear at basicaly idle is way too powerful for me. I took it around the block and barely touching it I scared myself (I don't think I shifted out of second). I never thought a car could have too much power, but if I had that thing I would have to re-learn how to drive. I thought my cobra was powerfull, but it is a mouse compared to this thing (figure my cobra is half the hp with 500 lbs more weight). I can't even imagine how anyone could drive those 1,000 plus hp Hennessy Vipers and Lingenfelter Vettes. Now that I think about it I should have taken pictures, but I was too in awe.

(By the way, he drove the cobra and told me if I ever get a spare 3 grand to let him know and he will set my cobra up to be 600hp, scary thing is i'm thinking about it ;) )

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Dooms you loser! No pics!?! Oh well, you were caught up in the moment, I'm sure. I can't even imagine what that must have felt like...800HP. Wow. I mean, we all see/hear the numbers, but until you've been in a car with that much it means absolutely nothing.

-Jin

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Darnit, if I was smart I would have taken a picture with my phone. I keep forgetting my phone is a camera. I really should remember that. =(

What Jinjiro said is right, everyone talks in terms of horsepower, but a number is meaningless until you feel it for yourself.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tmaxx_2.5 said:
what did he do in your car? just drove it?
Why, what else would he do with it? He looked under the hood and then we went for a drive around the block just like I did with his car. He got on it a little, but it wasn't like we were on a track, we were on public roads. One of the things you learn when you get older is when you play with someone elses stuff you better play nice or they wont let you play with it again. :p

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
i was scared when i drove an upgraded camaro...but im 14 and it had close to 400hp...i would have pooped my pants if i drove a viper

your so lucky

1 - 14 of 14 Posts