Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I have been having an arugment about what decides what type of music a song is...country, pop, hippop etc. He thinks that it is the lyrics and the voice of the singer.
However this can't be true because if Britney Spears had the voice of a famous country singer, and sang about Beer and Cowboys, however sang it the same way as Oops I Did It Again, it would still be pop.
I think that it is the beat and rhythm of a song... And opinions?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Well you would have to compare the song to other songs that have been catagorized, if the song in question has the same characteristics as a song in punk, then i think it should be called punk. But you also have to look back at what previous songs were released by that band.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
ya it's kinda whatever the whole song sounds like. it isn't just one or two aspects

·
More Caffine PLEASE!!!
334 Posts
God you people are all idiots!
It's the record producers that decide.
First they find an "artist". Then the get them to record someting. Next the producers get drunk. Then stoned. Then they breakout the "Giant Wheel of Musical Classification". With the song in question playing in the background, they take turns putting ona blindfold, getting spun in place 3 times, and then they throw a dart at the G.W.M.C., which is spinning in a counter clokwise rotation.
This would explain why some music falls into the "rock-a-billie" section.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts