Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay hi i have a tippmann 98 custom and yeah. what sorta things should i buy for it Right away like things what i ACTUALY NEED!

please give me links from www.xpaintball.com

thanx

·
No user title
273 Posts
Well, you need a tank, a hopper, and paint. But I think you mean in terms of upgrades?

A new barrel is the best choice for an early upgrade. Stock barrel = crap. A nice low-end one like a CP 1-Piece or a J&J Ceramic will do just fine.

You may also want an aggitated hopper to keep the paint flowing so you don't have to shake your gun when your hopper gets clogged. The Empire Reloader II or the Ricochet AK are good choices. I play with a Reloader and like it, but I've heard that the Rico is very similar.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Try looking at the 100+ threads about this exact same topic using the "search" feature.

·
Registered
263 Posts
What if your search feature is broken?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wonder how many tippy owners are pleased w/their stock 98C barrel?

I have a 14" ceramic (came w/mine), but my daughter is still running a stock barrel and is quite the sniper :D

I think I would lean towards a good quality mask, before looking at barrels.
How many times do you see people messing w/their masks while on the field?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a "scott" mask its preety good in my opion, very comfortable, doesnt fog, doesnt scratch its really good.

·
No user title
273 Posts
SpaZy said:
caus eim on a tight budget so will this do.
Tight budget, eh? Hold off on the RVA (even though Smitty suggested one). They're helpful, but not necessary. Remember that paintball is not for the thin-walleted. Yeah, and don't get the Quantum...

SpaZy said:
And can someone also tell em how a electronic hopper works as i have never used one befor
Electronic hoppers prevent or fix misfeeds. They are all a bit different, but have the same concept. They have paddles that rotate to stir up the paint in your hopper to keep it flowing into your marker. Ricochets and Reloaders aggitate after every shot fired while Revvys have a sensor that tells the paddles to rotates when there is not paint in the feedneck. That is how lower-end aggitated hoppers work. There are force fed hoppers that feed faster, but you don't need to worry about those quite yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
if you're on a budget, then what you NEED is really only a new barrel (regardless of how happy someone may claim they are with the stock barrel,it simply doesn't perform anywhere near the performance of any of the popular upgrades). as many others have already stated, the CP,the J&J,the progressive, are all great upgrades for around $30.
if you're not using a response trigger, you don't really need to upgrade your hopper,gravity feeders work just fine on semi-auto.
and though both my guns have new bolts and expansion chambers, as do my brothers and many of our freinds,none of us can really tell any difference after installing these upgrades.
when you inevitably decide to seriously upgrade,just bite the bullet and get an A-5 with E-grip. then you'll want to replace the plastic power tube the DEAD-ON aluminum power tube.the stock plastic one is prone to cracking. thumup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts