Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after reading about the buy nothing day thread, the thought came to mind, does the human race have a purpose? do u think were just here cuz a bunch of acids combined and evolved, or do we have some sort of purpose? maybe were the 2nd or 3rd race of intellegent life on this planet, maybe billions of years ago we were all wiped out and were doing it again to ourselves. its kinda an interesting concept

D

·
0 Posts
IMO

we had a purpose.. the purpose that all living things on this earth share.. to procreate.. to survive. but in mans cunning, he became to good at it. No longer was staying alive and spreading our species a challenge. Our purpose has changed. But to what? in the western world, our purpose seems to be largely shaped by media. Our purpose is now to make lots of money, drive fast cars, live in a big house and have a beautiful wife.

we no longer struggle for our lives.. but insted struggle for a place.. a niche in society.

our purpose may be to further our knowledge, to continue to develope. Or if you believe in the idea of fate and preplaned destiny then it seems our purpose so far is to continue what we are doing and destroy this planet.. forcing us to leave and seek a new home. are we meant to spread life through out the solar system? through out the galaxy?

it is a very interesting and debatable topic...

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
there is no way right now of knowing for sure why. People just have different opinions. It all depends on if you believe that a superior power created humans, or some chemical reaction, or through evolution of other animals. I personally dont know what to believe, but i dont think we have any set purpose other than living a full life, helping other people and enjoying it

D

·
0 Posts
thanks austin, we'll try to keep it clean

why would we be made jsut to live.. its a good question.. thinking about it makes of feel so insignificant..

I think I'll add to our purpose rather then it being jsut to live... not only is it to live. but to live in harmony with our surroundings.. really the intire world is based on one large symbiotic relationship. Everything in balence.. everything working together for the benefit of each other.. a delicate web of life..

and humans have tilted the scales and thrown the balence off..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well, Look at history is there order? or chaotic confusion? looks like order to me.... I believe God made us for his own glory and to give himself glory.... PM me if ya want to talk about it.....

D

·
0 Posts
i am not a religious person.. so im pretending that i am of this post

if our purpose was to be give god glory.. what are we giving him glory for. the beautiful that he has provided us. If so, i think we should be glorifying his socks off cuz we sure wasted his gift...

and the history of humans.. order or chaos.. hard to say.. their have been many wars in the history of man.. would that be considered chaotic.. or orderly becuase the wars had a purpose?

·
Registered
26 Posts
sry if im hurting feelings of any non religious people cuz i dont mean it in this way but everything goes down to god because the earth didnt just "evovle" from something like scientists say with animals. so if we were all created from god our purpose is the same purpose of those in games like warcraft and suck (no not killing the other people and winning) its to build a civilation just to have it fall...none of us live forever so our time on earth must be spent worshipping the one who created us but at the same time trying to keep the thing that the creator has given us...life

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
I know my purpose in life, and it's all I want and all I'll strive for. It's in a KoRn song actually...."All I want in life is to be happy." That's my ONLY goal for my life. I believe quite a bit in the "Keep it Simple Stupid" philosophy and never try to over complicate things. If I stay happy in my life, I've reached my purpose...SIMPLE as that.

D

·
0 Posts
^

maybe you're quite right. that our purpose is to live a fulfilling life. And that's about as far as you can take that. Because everyones opinion of a great life is obviously going to be different.

but our opinions of a great life are all influenced. but thats a whole other topic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts