Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tryin to get my dad to buy me a weight set so i can start workin out

What do yall do?? as in what do yall drink eat or w/e before starting

i want to be purdy big seein as how ima like weakling now :)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Shoulders and back on Monday and Wednesday, chest and arms on Tuesday and Thursday, abs every day, and about an hour of different cardio's on friday. I eat the best I can being that I'm at school. Three decent meals a day which are relatively healthy. No soda, and no more beer. My freind is a sports and recreational managment major which makes things great. He is almost finished with school, and knows all sorts of crazy excersizes that work muscles I never knew I used. If you want some of those in good detail PM me.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I don't eat anything different, just drink plenty of water.

Work out at least 3 times a week, and do cardio at least twice a week not counting practice. Push ups/sit ups every day.

I have friends on creatine now, and have seen plenty do it in the past. I works. They get big, but as soon as they are off it they deflate. I've heard if done right you wont lose your muscle mass after going off it, but I've never seen it.

·
WWW.GAMEBOZO.COM
2,741 Posts
Chris Kringle said:
I don't eat anything different, just drink plenty of water.

Work out at least 3 times a week, and do cardio at least twice a week not counting practice. Push ups/sit ups every day.

I have friends on creatine now, and have seen plenty do it in the past. I works. They get big, but as soon as they are off it they deflate. I've heard if done right you wont lose your muscle mass after going off it, but I've never seen it.
its not the muscle mass they lose its the water retention. they may lose a little mass but not that much. most of the size is due to the creatine bringing water into the muscles. so a lot of it is just water

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Im maily working on arms and ab definition right now. I just do sit ups, push ups, crunches, squats, bicycle kicks, leg ups, and some other workouts they cut up my saratus mucles and upper and lower abs. Then I do standerd curls with 30-35lbs of weight.

I also take protein bars because they dont make you want to **** all the time like whey protein does to me. Also creatine is great for adding mucsle. Just be carefull with that stuff though and mix with something strong. It tasts like ass.

If you want muscle and your not doing much cardio, avoid simple carbohydrates and reduse the amount of complex carbohydrates. Include more veggies in your diet along with much more protein. I reccomend tuna, yogurt, and other generally healthy food items naturally high in protein.

One thing I avoid is sodium in my diet which is water retention. If you want ab definition salt isnt the best thing to be having. I still have trouble witht that one because i love beef jerkey lol.

Along with thay you must drink PLENTY of water. I try to drink a gallon a day but I never make it to that much. I honestly drink about half a gallon to 3/4 of a gallon. however thats enough for me seeing how im a small guy.

However the most important thing to have is disipline. You cant get anywhere without it. When I started running and lifting I sucked ( i still do lol ) but as long as you stick with it eventually you will get there. I just try to keep my goals, and remember to be patient and disiplined if I want to get there.

And yep thats basically what I do.

·
1,751 Posts
If you have to buy it yourself, just get a few pairs of free weights. Shouldn't run your more than 80 or so bucks.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Im sure you can get a weight set used for pretty cheap. Why would your dad not let you? when people get off of creatine as someone said above its the water they lose.. while your on it you should move up in weight and take advantage of it. When working out, diet is really half of it. If you are eating "cheat" meals than you're not going to get the full benefits of working out hard. Since i figure you are trying to bulk, A lot of protein/calories from good foods.

The BEST thing you can possibly do is read the nutrition and a few other sections (not so much the supplement sections, yet) at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/ . Just read, you will learn so much. I wouldnt look into supplements (other than protein and maybe bcaas) until you have a good routine down in the gym (or with your weight set) and you have experience working out. good luck

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Chris Kringle said:
What are you going to do with only 100 lbs of weight?

Was the bar a 45pounder or one of the cheap like 10 lb one?

It's a start tho.
10 pound bars just dont feel right when lifting...neither do the 50-55 ones...they just feel awkward for whatever reason, because i've always lifted with 45 lb ones.

·
WWW.GAMEBOZO.COM
2,741 Posts
Chris Kringle said:
What are you going to do with only 100 lbs of weight?

Was the bar a 45pounder or one of the cheap like 10 lb one?

It's a start tho.
yeah it was only a 10 lb bar but we had extra weights so i just upped it 45 lbs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts