Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So? What do you hope to get this year? Assuming you've been a good wittle boy or gurl.:cool:

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Staggered 18's with 315 Nitto's for the Cobra and another touchscreen. I will be buying them for myself.

Dooms, find me black Cobra's that I can get in 18x10.5 and I will love you forever.

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
I know!!! I have found 17's all over but I just need a BIT more style under my car for what I'm planning. You think I'll really loose much with a 285 or a 295 over a 315 rear?

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know!!! I have found 17's all over but I just need a BIT more style under my car for what I'm planning. You think I'll really loose much with a 285 or a 295 over a 315 rear?
How much power do you have? I've got the stock 275's and they're useless with the 2.80 blower pulley. Car won't hook at all. I punch it at 55mph on the highway and it will break them free. I've never run it with DR's though, so I can't say how much difference it would make.

Now, my buddy is running, I believe, a 285 DR, on his 415rwhp '06 GT and he hooks well enough to run 12.4's all day long.....as well as to grenade his stock rear (which is getting fixed right now).

The thing to remember too, is drag racing favors small wheels and big sidewall tires. Trying to get a low profile tire to hook isn't easy and, when it does hook, can put a lot of stress on the drivetrain because they don't have a lot of give. This is why most guys that are serious street/strip racers have two different wheel tire combos. A large wheel/low-pro tire for looks and, say, a 15 inch wheel with wrinkle wall M/T slicks for traction. Running anything less is always a compromise.:)

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
350rwhp on a Mustang dyno, so a little over 400 on a dyno jet N/A. I have a 50-150 wet shot. 18's with DR's will be my street setup, so I will do a lot of roll races with it, and my dig's are usually off of quite a bit of slip. My 8.8 rear is built and I have yet to have a problem hooking with my slicks at the track.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
350rwhp on a Mustang dyno, so a little over 400 on a dyno jet N/A. I have a 50-150 wet shot. 18's with DR's will be my street setup, so I will do a lot of roll races with it, and my dig's are usually off of quite a bit of slip. My 8.8 rear is built and I have yet to have a problem hooking with my slicks at the track.
I guess my question would then be, do you really need 18's? I mean, a 17" wheel isn't noticably that much smaller, it will give you the width you want in a 10.5, and it allows for a little bit more sidewall (which should help you hook even better). I mean, is there any reason you absolutely need the 18" over the 17"....if there isn't any out there it is probably for a reason.:)

Along the same lines, you might be able to go with an 18" x 10", as I know they are out there as well. You could probably mount the same tires as you would use on the 10.5" without giving up much else.

What do you want more...maximum grip or having an 18" wheel?:)

D

·
0 Posts
meh, asked for some xbox games, movies, socks.. I'll take what I can get.

·
Wishes to play Pball moar
493 Posts
I don't know what I want. I pretty much bought everything I've wanted. Is that normal? lol I honestly can't think of much to get. All that's on my list is random crap under 20 bucks that I've been too lazy to go out and buy. I was thinking of snowboarding boots or a better surround sound system. I don't know.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
socks. haha; me and my manager at work were just talking about how awesome it is to get socks once you get older.

both grandparents gave me money and told me to get what i wanted, then tell them about it/bring it to christmas. I think i spent it on RB's bonebrake bushmaster:)

·
0 Posts
Money. As much money as i can get. Need to start paying for school next year.

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
Planning on re-doing the components on my system so I'm asking for an Alpine CDA-9887 head unit, a 16gb iPod touch, 6.5" Alpine Type X component sets (with the tweets and crossovers), and Alpine Type R 6x9's.

Right now all my speakers and my head unit are upper-end Pioneer but the speakers are only rated to 30w RMS and my amp pushes 90w RMS per channel (Amp is Alpine MRP-F450). Not to mention the pioneer head unit skips when my bass hits. My sub is Alpine Type R 12", in a custom ported box, pushed by an Alpine MRP-M500. That thing moves some serious air for a single 12.

Also hoping to dynamat my trunk so any money I receive will go towards that cause.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
The only thing I want for Christmas is to have the holiday be over and done with. It starts earlier every year and by the time December rolls around I'm ready to flip out and kill people ninja style.

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
The only thing I want for Christmas is to have the holiday be over and done with. It starts earlier every year and by the time December rolls around I'm ready to flip out and kill people ninja style.
bah humbug?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts