Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored today so I searched to find what my name meant and ****, youll be surprised at how obvious some are like Brown, was actually used for someone with darker skin.

Anyways mine = man of valour
my brothers = dispenser of goods, his name is spenser

http://www.behindthename.com/ use this if my name was in their yours will be.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
josh = joshua = "From the Hebrew name Yehoshua which meant "YAHWEH is salvation". Joshua was one of the twelve spies sent into Canaan by Moses in the Old Testament. After Moses died Joshua succeeded him as leader of the Israelites. The name Jesus was a variant of the name Joshua. "

so basically i = jesus

·
Gone..
1,975 Posts
BRENNAN m
Usage: Irish, English
Pronounced: BREN-an
Either a form of BRENDAN, or else from the Irish surname Ó Braonáin which means "descendent of Braonán". Braonán is a first name meaning "sorrow" (Irish braon "tear drop" and a diminutive suffix).

·
No comment
1,770 Posts
JOSEPH m
Usage: English, French, Biblical
Pronounced: JO-sef (English), zho-ZEF (French)
From the Latin Josephus, which was from the Greek Iosephos, which was from the Hebrew name Yoseph meaning "he will add". In the Old Testament Joseph was the eleventh son of Jacob. Because he was the favourite of his father, his older brothers sent him to Egypt and told their father that he had died. In Egypt, Joseph became an advisor to the pharaoh, and was eventually reconciled with his brothers when they came to Egypt during a famine. This is the name of two characters in the New Testament: Joseph the husband of Mary and Joseph of Arimathea. Also, rulers of the Holy Roman Empire have had this name.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
NICHOLAS m
Usage: English, French
Pronounced: NI-ko-las (English), nee-ko-LA (French)
From the Greek name Nikolaos which meant "victory of the people" from Greek nike "victory" and laos "people". Saint Nicholas was a 4th-century bishop who, according to legend, saved the daughters of a poor man from lives of prostitution. He is also known as Santa Claus (from Dutch Sinterklaas), the bringer of Christmas presents. He is the patron saint of children, sailors and merchants, and Greece and Russia. Nicholas was also the name of two czars of Russia and five popes.

I go by Nick ****tards.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
ÁDÁM m
Usage: Hungarian
Hungarian form of ADAM

ADAM m
Usage: English, French, German, Polish, Russian, Romanian, Biblical
Pronounced: A-dam
This is the Hebrew word for "man". It could be ultimately derived from Hebrew adam meaning "to be red", referring to the ruddy colour of human skin, or from Assyrian adamu meaning "to make". According to Genesis in the Old Testament Adam was created from the earth by God (there is a word play on Hebrew adamah "earth"). He and Eve were supposedly the first humans, living happily in the Garden of Eden until Adam ate a forbidden fruit given to him by Eve.

wo0h0o! I was first person ever created. I > all

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Victory of the people, i think.

My teachers names both have meanings, and together it says king of the hill people

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
mines ultra sexy studdly renaissance man either that or it means
Means "bright fame", derived from the Germanic elements hrod "fame" and beraht "bright". The Normans introduced this name to Britain. It belonged to three kings of Scotland, including Robert the Bruce who restored the independence of Scotland from England in the 14th century. The author Robert Browning and poets Robert Burns and Robert Frost are famous literary bearers of this name. Also, Robert E. Lee was the commander of the Confederate army during the American Civil War.

·
don't drop the soap
3,896 Posts
BRIAN m
Usage: Irish, English
Pronounced: BRIE-an
The meaning of this name is not known for certain but it is possibly related to the Old Celtic element bre meaning "hill", or by extension "high, noble". Brian Boru was an Irish king who thwarted Viking attempts to conquer Ireland in the 11th century. He was victorious in the Battle of Clontarf, but he himself was slain.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
JOSEPH m
Usage: English, French, Biblical
Pronounced: JO-sef (English), zho-ZEF (French)
From the Latin Josephus, which was from the Greek Iosephos, which was from the Hebrew name Yoseph meaning "he will add". In the Old Testament Joseph was the eleventh son of Jacob. Because he was the favourite of his father, his older brothers sent him to Egypt and told their father that he had died. In Egypt, Joseph became an advisor to the pharaoh, and was eventually reconciled with his brothers when they came to Egypt during a famine. This is the name of two characters in the New Testament: Joseph the husband of Mary and Joseph of Arimathea. Also, rulers of the Holy Roman Empire have had this name.

CHANGE UR NAME VC!!!! DABLUEDEVIL AND I ARE THE ONLY JOES HERE!!!

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
NICHOLAS m
Usage: English, French
Pronounced: NI-ko-las (English), nee-ko-LA (French)
From the Greek name Nikolaos which meant "victory of the people" from Greek nike "victory" and laos "people". Saint Nicholas was a 4th-century bishop who, according to legend, saved the daughters of a poor man from lives of prostitution. He is also known as Santa Claus (from Dutch Sinterklaas), the bringer of Christmas presents. He is the patron saint of children, sailors and merchants, and Greece and Russia. Nicholas was also the name of two czars of Russia and five popes.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
ROBERT m
Usage: English, French, Scandinavian
Pronounced: RAH-burt (English), ro-BER (French)
Means "bright fame", derived from the Germanic elements hrod "fame" and beraht "bright". The Normans introduced this name to Britain. It belonged to three kings of Scotland, including Robert the Bruce who restored the independence of Scotland from England in the 14th century. The author Robert Browning and poets Robert Burns and Robert Frost are famous literary bearers of this name. Also, Robert E. Lee was the commander of the Confederate army during the American Civil War.

·
Just Chillin'
5,062 Posts
P4IN7 B4LLS said:
josh = joshua = "From the Hebrew name Yehoshua which meant "YAHWEH is salvation". Joshua was one of the twelve spies sent into Canaan by Moses in the Old Testament. After Moses died Joshua succeeded him as leader of the Israelites. The name Jesus was a variant of the name Joshua. "

so basically i = jesus
Hey, now we're both Jesus. :D :p

1 - 20 of 53 Posts