Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Most Likely to Get Gogged
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For example, will the residue typically stay in the barrel where the break occurred, or will consistent breaks possibly cause paint to run down into the marker? And assuming this happens (or it is an in-gun break), what kind of effects will it have on the marker with continued operation? If it is only performance-specific, should things be okay if the gun is cleaned out at the end of the day?
I've got an...odd custom project I intend to complete early this summer. If paint in the gun won't damage the gun at all, then I have nothing to worry about. If not...I may have to be a bit more cautious with what I plan to do.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
The paint will not hurt it, unless it is left in there for a LONG amount of time. If it is left for a LONG amount of time, it may rust etc... But if it is only left in there for a day or week, it will be fine.

edit- some will stay in the barrel, but some may be shot out. Regaurdless, the first shots after the break will be horrible.

·
Most Likely to Get Gogged
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Not that the barrel will be non-removable...but the point will be to CAUSE barrel breaks, or at least to make the paintball break as it exits the system.
I know this paint will accumulate....I'd have to clean it out every session (which is fine), but if the paint would get into the gun and cause problems that would damage the gun, then I'd have to make this system a lot more complicated than I want to make it.
Thanks again for clearing that up.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
sounds like it, what will you get outta all this? sabotaging a friends gun?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts