Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the last game I played (saddly, like a month ago :() I got frustrated with how much money I have to spent on batteries everytime I play. I always use my Halo B w/rip drive and my Rip Clip. They both love to eat batteries and I have to change them every time I go play to keep them working properly (they might turn on but not feed properly, overall my Rip-clip). So rechargables is what I need, but I read somewhere that some paintball products are no good with rechargables. I know that most paintball markers can't use rechargables for 9v rechargable batteries ere inconsistent. Both of my loaders use AA batteries, four for the Rip-Clip, and six for the Halo B, 10 batteries total. Would there be a problem if I use rechargables? I checked the manual and it didn't specify anything.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
They'd be fine. I strictly use rechargeables in my Halo Too, Prophecy, and Prophecy Z2. NiMH only delivers 1.2v per cell (4.8v instead of 6v in the Rip, 7.2v instead of 9v in the B), but they work just fine in everything I've ever used them in. If you can find them, NiZN AA's are 1.5v. I used to use them in my HaloB before it died.

If you're feeling like taking risks, you could try to find Li-Ion AA batteries, but they're 3.7v each from what I understand, so that would be...way more than they're designed for (22.2v instead of 9v). I personally have never felt that brave to try it.

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks. Do you remove your batteries after each use, or do you let them in the battery chamber? I ask because my Halo B needs new batteries everytime I need it again, so my theory is that it happens because I leave them in the chamber.

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so I went to Cosco and got this ones:

It seems they are NiMH, would that affect my rip-clip's performance in any way? It will only get 1.2v instead of 1.5v per battery like you said.

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I have my marker set for 10 BPS. I'm just saying, the rip-clip is not the best hopper out there, it's kind of delicate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts