Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

What is a dogleg stock?

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Rufu$ 
#1 ·
I've heard good things about them but I have no idea what they are exactly. A picture would be worth a thousand words but a picture and an explanation would be worth even more.

#5 ·
Here's your thousand words.

And even more---Designed by specialopspaintball, the dogleg stock allows your head and mask to drop completely behind the gun, giving you an unparalleled site-line down the gun.

The DOGLEG gets is name from the simple fact the stock "doglegs or jogs" around your head and returns to rests securely on your shoulder.

The picture I posted is a stock with air-thru capabilities. It is also available without.

IMO this is the best stock on the market today.

#7 ·
I'm sorry if you misunderstood. Air-thru capabilities means simply there is an air hose running to the end of the stock. This is for remote use. There is a possibility modifications could be performed allowing the tank to be mounted "inside the stock", but I am unsure of the extent of modification required. You could get the regular version and mount your tank on gun, or perhaps get a vertical mount for the tank. There are several options out there, you just have to search a little to find the ones right for you.

#10 · (Edited)
Well we're gonna play woodsball. I'm 28 and my friends are a couple years older and there isnt a place in Arkansas (that I know of) for speedball. I've been looking for a gun for about a week now, maybe longer. I'm definitely going with a tippmann. They just seem to be more reliable for the style we're gonna play. I also want a gun that I wont need to upgrade much in the beginning. I was pretty much sold on the A-5 but with everything I want, I'm looking at $300.00+ anyways so I've recently started reading on X-7. Keep in mind I've never paintballed before and getting info on the web is a catch 22 due to conflicting opinions on everything.

As it stands now. I have about 2 weeks before our first skirmish (which I dont have to play but would like to) so I'm trying not to rush things. I like to know as much about the product as possible. So far, I'm kinda leaning towards this package.

Tippmann X7-
Apex Barrel-
Tactical Car Stock-
Laser Sight-

I'm sure I'll change my mind again though.

#11 ·
Save money, get a J&J instead of an Apex.

The J&J will save you a lot of pain in the long run, and it has that nifty self-cleaning ability that everyone just loves :)

#13 ·
I'm from Cabot. The thing is, I know what I want now as far as the gun and aesthetics go. I think its a decent start and hopefully I wont be needing any upgrades anytime soon. Tell me what you think.

This is the Gun and package I want. SPECIAL OPS - A-5A2 EZ COMPLETE KIT

This is the 14" barrel I like. JJ Ceramic Barrel ( A5, Procarb, X-7) - 18-3-3-pro

This is the shroud (Its not only looks, it protects your barrel) LAPCO - MACHINE GUN SHROUD

The Hopper I decided on. Ricochet R5 " Deflection Loader " For A5 - 25-R5

Thats it. Nothing really special to start but I'm just getting into the sport. If I truly like it, I'll most likely add an E-Grip, a laser sight, and a low pressure kit.

#14 ·
the jj ceramic is a good barrel, dont waste your time with a laser sight unless you want it purely for looks. it will be completely useless to yry to aim with it because paintballs do not fly in straight lines. also, some people are for the lp kit and some against. i dont see a need for it, but again, its your marker, and you're free to do what suits you best.

#15 · (Edited)
E-grips are nice, go with that. the low-pressure kit, works best with HPA/Nitro. It is an expensive set-up, but over time will pay for itself. Since your gun will use a lower system pressure that means less recoil, more control, better accuaracy, and a sound reduction. You really should use an RVA or spring kit with this set-up to further increase your efficiency. If set-up correctly, you will very likely be able to shoot almost a full case of paint out of a 68ci 5000psi tank. The marker has much less recoil and drop off has been reduced so long strings of paint stay on target.
Here's my recommended set-up, a low-pressure kit, a 68/4500 nitro tank, a good secondary regulator (I like palmers), a low pressure gauge (the kit does not have one) so you can read the input pressure to the valve assembly.
Let us know how it works out. Good luck with your purchase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.