Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering what the best paintball everyone thought to use through an etek 4? It is stock, and I'm. It sure what the bore size is, so I mostly wanted to ask the etek users to see what their experiences were. So far I've used a winter paint by empire which was ok I guess, and some psi t from dye which was pretty decent actually and was normally $80 a case on sale in August for $60. Not sure if that's good price or not, I've been out of the sport for over 10 years and I'm getting back into it. So basically I want to find the best bang for the buck paint that performs decently for my gun. I see a lot of people at the field I play at with graffiti paint, any thoughts?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
bore size refers to the barrel not the breach, there are only a few markers that actually do breach sizing and its not that big of a deal in reality. so you are really looking at your barrel rather than your marker, in which case if memory is correct the shaft barrels are i think a 685 bore

if you have not purchased the etek 4 yet I would recommend actually getting the etek 3 instead, there are no real changes to the 4 besides a price hike and the 3 does have a few advantages over the 4 as well.

if you are looking for good paint in general, i am a huge fan of pretty much all RPS paints that are considered tourny grade, evil, ultra evil, marbalizer, and argument could be made for premium but I would take the others on the list before it

draxxas silver and gold are also great paints, bronze is nothing to shy away from either though. draxxas makes a lot of good paint outside of their field grade stuff

·
Redneck Paintball
709 Posts
I shot Dye CG at PSP Riverside, and it was AMAZING! I can't tell you enough about this paint. I was a big fanboy of Valken, Evil, and All Star, but now I think that I'll stick to the Dye paint. It was amazing.
i have heard good things but i havent shot more than a hopper full. so i cant really say much for the paint

D

·
0 Posts
id say, I never even heard of it

i bet its expensive as hell too
PSP Chicago was selling it for ~$45/case? Its on the higher end of paint pricing for tourney grade stuff - but its not completely unreasonable.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
PSP Chicago was selling it for ~$45/case? Its on the higher end of paint pricing for tourney grade stuff - but its not completely unreasonable.

the high end of paint pricing? Hell that is the price for a case of field grade stuff around me, I WISH i could get anything close to tourny grade for 45, typically its $60 minimum and more likely $70

D

·
0 Posts
the high end of paint pricing? Hell that is the price for a case of field grade stuff around me, I WISH i could get anything close to tourny grade for 45, typically its $60 minimum and more likely $70
For recreational use? Sure - 60...70...hell - I pay 90 for Redemption Pro or DXS Silver...

But for tourney use, where Dye is one of the tourney sponsors? I haven't seen a league/team event paint pricing go above $50 a case with Evil, Dye, and Marbs being the tourney paints offered.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
I pay $55 for 3-star and $60 for bronze paint at my local field.

on sunday grind days, they sell field paint for $30. That stuff is terrible, but it's all about not paying too much money in order to get people out to play.

D

·
0 Posts
its that whole "airball only" or "tourney" or "team practice" thing...

For me - Indoor its $55/case+entry on Thurs/Sat/Sun 7am-12. Valken Graffiti

Down at CPX..I think its $45? I honestly haven't been in awhile. And you shoot whatever they have in whatever fill is available. I've seen Red Legion, "pink", 'green', and 'yellow'...but they've also offered Evil and leftover tourney paint at those prices just to liquidate it.

Annd last time I was at PBE - They either were shooting Graffiti, Echo, GI 2star, DXS RecSport... or something, for ~$60/case (airball only pricing) + entry if you weren't a member. Thursday nights were $55 w/ entry

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
yea. Lafayette doesn't have a huge paintball crowd, especially over the summer when all the students leave. It's also a much oldere player base than most fields, so we all have jobs and kids and stuff. It's a good way to convince people to come out on the same day. There's absolutely no walk on crowd at my field because it's such a remote location. I randomly showed up with a guy i knew on a 3 man day without knowing it, and ended up meting the people I'm still playing with today.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts