Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
now dont go posting some engine like a KLZE or a 4G63 or those engines, lol

my vote,

thats a "liberty v12", it was a WWI plane engine, and after the war, and there were some spare engines layin around, the original hot rodders put these babys in their cars. Its a pretty cool engine, the valve springs and rockers are exposed, its got REALLY long rods, everything was made to be simple, water passages are exterior, as are oil passages, a scratched cylinder could simply be swapped out while the engine was still in the plane. 1649 cid, or something like 27 liters :tup

, i think thats the coolest engine.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1337PAINTBALLER said:
Import: 4g63
Domestic: LS1, LS7

please tell me your kidding, lol, well at least you didnt say vtec and the ford 5.0

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
this all depends on what type of engine your'e talking about. just plain bad ass, a classic that is that way because of damn good design, or just due to its excellent cost:performance:reliabilty.

The liberty is a classic imo. For just plain badass, any of the high cylinder count sports car engines. For classic...for 5.0 is a bit of a classic, as is the all mighty 350 in all of its derivations. For reliability, hard to beat some of these import 4cyls.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
i'm partial to the 3.0 yamaha SHO motor. i love how they cranked out 75 hp/liter n/a, and the dual-plane intake is pretty sweet. sounds and feels great once those secondary butterflies open :D

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
My 10 best in no particular order:

1. Chevy 265ci small block V8, the original mouse motor and the beginning of GM's small block and big block engines. Without it we wouldn't have such great GM engines as the 350, 327, 409, 427, 454, ect.

2. The Ford Flathead engine, I just love how they look and it was the hot-rodder's choice engine for quite a long time.

3. The gas turbine (jet) engine. Burns many different types of fuel, gains hp exponentially (the faster it runs, the more it makes), great power to weight ratio, ect. Very cool.

4. Rudolph Diesel's original prototype engine, the start of the Diesel engine. thumup:

5. The steam engine, because an engine that runs on water is just plain sweet.

6. The Wartsila-Sulzer RTA96-C. Currently the worlds largest and most powerful (diesel) engine. 108,920 hp at 102 rpm, 5,608,312 lb/ft at 102rpm

7. The wankle rotary engine, simply a great design.

8. The Cadillac V16 engine, just because it was a monster for its day while still being extremely smooth. Plus, Al Capone had one. :smokin

9. The Viper V10 engine, a modern American big block basically the way it should be. I don't know if I would rather it be a V8 or not, on one hand the V8 would sound better, on the other hand it wouldn't be as smooth as the 10.

10. The two stroke typical lawn mower gas engine, probably the most common engine out there. It's simple and it works, 'nuff said.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
:hug: i was hoping somebody would say the ford flathead, and the wankle, and that cadallac v16. i remember seeing that v16 on a concept car, they admitted its just 2 v8's fused together

I was also gonna bring up the chevy 302, you can build one to 500 horsepower n/a, and if you put in an GM forged crank and some h beams, holy **** you can scream those rpms as high as you want, without spending a fortune. and it can pwn any other small block out there if you build it right. well except one.......

Hey what was that motorcycle engine they're putting on ninja bikes, thats supposed to be suicidal?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vote #2

can you say holy ****, someone figured out how to get a small block chevy up to 472cid, and get 675 hp, n/a, on pump gas, imagine if you put alil forced induction on this thing?!?!?!?!?!?!?

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
PAT McCORMICK said:
vote #2

can you say holy ****, someone figured out how to get a small block chevy up to 472cid, and get 675 hp, n/a, on pump gas, imagine if you put alil forced induction on this thing?!?!?!?!?!?!?
i would think forced induction with 10.5:1+ CR would compromise the health of your $12k+ motor

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well of course you would have to put in some dished pistons and get her down to 9:1 maybe even 8.5:1, which will sacrifice like 150 hp, BUT with just 10psi of boost on that puppy, im pretty sure you would hit 1000hp

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
I'd rather just go buy one of those Motion/Merlin 572 or 632 big blocks. 675hp for the 572 or a stunning 900 n/a hp for the 632. :hug:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea, the small block wont have as much torque, but it weighs like 200-300lbs less

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
doomsday said:
I'd rather just go buy one of those Motion/Merlin 572 or 632 big blocks. 675hp for the 572 or a stunning 900 n/a hp for the 632. :hug:
The fact that they could get that many CI out of a small block is what amazes me.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how bout the all aluminum buick 215 v8? that was a rare thing to see back in the early 60's when it came out. entire engine weighed 300lbs. didnt make much torque, but the used to put them in TQ's (3/4 racing midgets) and they sure did fly.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts