Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a lot of you may know, Facebook has banned the sales of paintball guns. Indiana's paintball group was discussing what should be done, and I offered this space for them to use, so they don't get into trouble with facebook. Nothing is official yet, and it's still very raw but I'm not opposed to allowing more of this to happen if people approach me about it. This forum needs to be used for something and I've watched and help that group grow. It would be a terrible shame to sit back and watch all that hard work fall apart.

I've been experimenting with allowing images to be uploaded as well. So far it's not gone well; they want to upload at extreme full size. I'm going to continue looking into why this could be. I want this forum to be fairly easy to use on a phone, and uploading images is a major kink. However, it could also become a storage issue; I'm simply not sure how much space we have. It might come down to me having to wipe the attachments once ever 6 months or so.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
If they are serious about it, I would put them their own forum section up above or below the regional talk. It'd be much easier to get to with a phone, and it has potential to be the most active section here.

I don't have a say in the matter, but I'm all for it. :p

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
I think this should work, stuff like the new player guide should be fine as I used photo bucket for it. If it were possible to add a line of code that would automatically resize all photos to X Size I would think that would help keep the sizes on the server down and help keep margin rape to a minimum. I'm all for this idea it would help stimulate some traffic around here

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I really don't understand why they haven't added a resizer script yet. Should have done so years ago.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The new version of vbulletin may have it for all I know. We're two versions behind. I looked around for a while lay night and was unable to find any way to auto resize uploaded photos. The only way to limit size was to only allow small photos. Again, that's real annoying on a phone. I might have to talk with management, but I don't really want them knowing that I'm allowing photo upload.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Facebook IMO has gone full retard.

the only use it serves is if something of yours got stolen, you can post it up and have thousands view it in seconds. and then maybe catch the perp.

outside of that, I hate facebook with a passion.

I say give them their own section and let them use PM's for messaging for the purpose of photos sending between seller/buyer. they can exchange Emails or what have you via PM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts