Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is about bands who scream. when people at school listen to a song im listening to they give me a weird look. cuz ill be listening to As I Lay Dying or a band like that. but what i have found is that bands who scream have some of the deapest meanings to there songs. for example listen to Song 10 by As I Lay Dying. also bands who scream can sing. cory the lead singer of slipknot is also in another band called stone sour. if u listen to the song through glass u will find that he can sing, and sing very well at that. plz tell me what u think of these bands. if u do not like these bands give a good reason.

thank my english teacher/ grade chair capt. jack for inspiring this thread.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I absolutely hate screaming bands unless the guitar behind it is BEYOND AMAZING.

Deep meaning is nice and all but it it sounds like **** i could care less about the meaning... maybe I'm shallow.

·
don't drop the soap
3,896 Posts
How much meaning can the lyrics serve when you can't hear them?

Don't get me wrong I like As I lay dying and a select few bands that 'scream', but in all honesty it's not really that cool and usually the people who are trying to sound really 'hardcore' and badass are pussies when they talk offstage, borderline metro and such.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gabriot said:
How much meaning can the lyrics serve when you can't hear them?
DayoftheGreek said:
Deep meaning is nice and all but it it sounds like **** i could care less about the meaning... maybe I'm shallow.
u can hear As I Lay Dying and Haste The Day(there a little bit harder to hear)

also things that r politically charged seem to be better. the deeper meaning is there sumthing behind the screaming. there expressing anger or sumthin on an issue in politics. ex: Behind Me Lies Another Fallen Soldier by As I Lay Dying

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
What is wrong with bands screaming? Nothing.

Bands make the kind of music they like, not everybody likes it. Alot of bands scream to emphasize or show anger or passion or some sort of strong emotion, and sometimes it sounds really good if the "screamer" is clear. I really like bands that mix singing and screaming, like 60-40 or 70-30 screaming. Haste the Day, Poison the Well, Underoath, A Static Lullaby, and Showbread are some of my favorites that do that

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I like some screaming. But not the crap where its just stuff you cant understand. I think its stupid when bands only scream, because I see screaming as a sign of emotion, and if a scream is used right it adds a lot of effect to the song. (god, that makes me sound emo :p )

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
i like the deftones song "hexagram" and they scream throughout that song, but its a really good song.

ppl dont like your screamo cause it screams about girlfriends and stuff. :hug: i could be wrong but w/e thats not the first time.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
toXic said:
I like some screaming. But not the crap where its just stuff you cant understand. I think its stupid when bands only scream, because I see screaming as a sign of emotion, and if a scream is used right it adds a lot of effect to the song. (god, that makes me sound emo :p )

i know a band that only screams and is really good. genghis tron. when there not screaming they have keyboard solos. techno/death metal

·
\/ My First avitar \/
1,673 Posts
****, I love that music. It's easy to get into, and if you listen hard enough, you see how good they really are.

As I lay Dying, Through the eyes of the dead, The bled, Seric, August Burns Red, Everytime I die, Bullet for my Valentine (not so much), Emery, Hope Dies Last, even like Trivium, Underoath...

That's all good stuff.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
There are way more meaningful songs that have less screaming.

You can't scream through a whole song. You can't even decipher half of what they're saying unless you look at the little thing on the inside of the CD. Screaming can be good, but not for more than 1/3 of the song or its just gratuitous and annoying.

·
Registered
346 Posts
tippmann666 said:
i like the deftones song "hexagram" and they scream throughout that song, but its a really good song.

ppl dont like your screamo cause it screams about girlfriends and stuff. :hug: i could be wrong but w/e thats not the first time.
I like that you mentioned that, its also my fav. deftones song.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts