Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making a scenario game in mid missouri. I am building bunkers. What kind of bunkers are best for the better attraction. OUTSIDE OF BALOON BUNKERS CANT AFFORD THEM i,m thinking like hand made bunkers

·
Registered
225 Posts
i like bunkers made out of pallets (sp.?) that places stack things on.

I really like small evergreen trees too, cus you can look through them and shoot through them, but it's hard for incoming balls to break.

·
Registered
54 Posts
me and my friends used to just drag fallen trees and stack them up between two or three standing trees, then fill in the cracks with foliage. it took some work but they came out awesome when they were finished, soemtimes up to 20 feet long and 3-4 feet high

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't really care, as long as it gives me cover then its fine.

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
This belongs in recball, so i'll move it there.

If you're into the scenario scene though, try building something like what my buddies and i did. We made it look like a WWII foxhole, but we threw a roof on it with supports so you could also stand on the roof.

It was built into the hillside and it was around 5ft deep in the back, and 3 1/2 feet deep in the front. (since the hill was on a slant) The way the roof slanted you could run right down the hill and over it without even knowing it was there, sat flush with the side. The front though was dug out a bit so you could shoot out of it, as well were part of the sides. The bottom was made of gravel and then a wood floor to allow for water drainage. The roof had a latch that you could lock from the inside.

All in all it makes for a great game. Playing a game of "defend the bunker" turned into one of our favorite games to play. Talk about a rush! LOL. Never would three guys ever be so close after a game in the bunker.

Just something to think about.

- Brian

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Ive always wanted to play in trenches/foxholes of some sort. I think that would be interesting.

·
Registered
44 Posts
^ I agree. Boards are better, but I don't play with ordinary rec stuff.

·
Registered
361 Posts
uumm it would really help me if some one could describe wat the pallets r picture if possible thanx.

·
Registered
125 Posts
pallets are like wood peices put together to put things on like in a warehouse, so you can get a forklift or something like that under easily.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There actually a pain in the ass, I have to work with them. :sly:

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
pallets are offset like shown, with each dash being a thinnish board and they are held together at the joints by other boards. like headly said, though, they are not very good cover because they are off set; unless you are being shot at directly head on, a ball can easily slip through the cracks and hit you.

my personal favorite is the big wooden spools they use for telephone wires, they can be rolled into place, but can also provide good (but not invincible) cover.

btw, that foxhole looks awesome headly, must be fun to play in that thing (especially against those that don't know it's there :) )

·
Registered
516 Posts
me and my cousin, were in new york, and we made a sik shelter out of old palates that we got for free. it took about 10 palates, and nothing could get through it. we made like 10, and set them all up in his yard. then... we balled

1 - 20 of 42 Posts