Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there,

Cleaning out a friends attic, and this came up.

No markings what-so-ever except for 4 digits, leading me to believe it's a rental from some field.

I think it might be a WGP or a Sheriden, but I'll leave it to the pros to decide.

Much thanks.

sorry posted in wrong board, reposted in pump

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
not a clue. an ausococker is an autococker once the front things have been taken off.

(somebody is gonna come ream me for saying that, I can feel it)

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey

ya matrix is rite on the autococker. the older ones were mostly made by WGP. yes, it is a pump. you have to pump the handle under the barrel to recock. hope this helps

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts
agreed with matrix, it's considered an autococker because of the series of markers its created with, but the pump just makes it a pump...now it's just an oxymoron of the name

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cleaned it out a little, re-oiled

Shot off a few rounds, still works like a charm.

The barrel is a little noisy I think it's because it's not bored, think I might make a silencer for it.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Just buy a new barrel for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
becareful if you make an actual working silencer as if you do and dont register it with the gov. and they find out, you can get in serious trouble.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
That's a sniper 2 I believe bro, , how much did you get it for?

The serial number need to be sub 2100 to be a pre-extrusion sniper one, then below about 2550 to be a 1.5. It MIGHT be a 1.5 though...

Looks to definitely be a WGP sniper though, and a pretty early(pre-autococker era)one.

agreed with matrix, it's considered an autococker because of the series of markers its created with, but the pump just makes it a pump...now it's just an oxymoron of the name
That's not a pumped autococker, thats an actual sniper(i'm pretty sure at any rate....I COUlD be wrong....). It was probably(depends on the serial but I'm betting)built before orr stuck palmer's recocking system on his pumps to create an automatically recocking marker, or an "auto-cocker". This gun is what spawned the autococker, not something the autococker made.

DON'T THROW THE BARREL IN THE TRASH. If it is a 1(I'm not sure I'm no expert on them), it looks to be complete with original parts, don't get rid of them. Keep them put aside, there are lots of collectors who would pay for a complete gun alot better than a broken up "modernized" one.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
an ausococker is an autococker once the front things have been taken off.
Just because you have corrected me so many times.... :p

This is true except for Merlin Autocockers. Their bottom tube were larger and required different parts. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts