Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a spyder imgaine and i was wondering whether i could use any oil to lubricate my gun or do i need to use only gun oil.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
pretty much any oil made for guns/paintball markers/o-rings will work. even a small amount of vasoline will work if you dont want to buy anything else. but dont put too much or it will gum up and reverse the lubricating effect.

·
Registered
410 Posts
paintthecatBLUE said:
pretty much any oil made for guns/paintball markers/o-rings will work. even a small amount of vasoline will work if you dont want to buy anything else. but dont put too much or it will gum up and reverse the lubricating effect.
no just dont put vaseline in your gun in the first place. dont be lazy, go but some pmi synthetic or really any paintball oil will work i just wouldnt suggest using dow or slick honey or any of those types of lubes on a spyder, i tried it on my brother's and it was a mess.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
paintthecatBLUE said:
Please don't give out that kind of advice. DO NOT USE VASOLINE.

Thank you.

Synthetic paintball oil should work just fine. Like luis said dow33, slick honey, or any other kind of greasey lubricants will not work.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I have to use AKA oil on my Viking or else good-bye warranty, pretty good stuff though.

For an Imagine use Gold Cup Oil, your local shop should have some for cheap.

-Mike

·
Certified Caffeine Addict
3,072 Posts
Trumpet valve oil has been my lube of choice, but every week or so you have to clean greenish-brown gunk out of the inside of your bolt. You can get it from your local music shop pretty cheap, about $4 a bottle.

I use about 3 drops on the bolt, 2 on the striker, and put about 3 or 4 drops down the reciever hole (where the tank screws in). I also got a 10fps or so increase when I began to use it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts