Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i've just recently got into paintball and i notice that the type of paintballs you use can peform at a varying range. So it seems like it would be a waste to have a nice gun that isnt' working to it's potential because you are using the wrong balls. So i have a few questions about paintballs.

1. what type/brand of paintballs do you use and why?
2. what type/brand have you used and recommend staying away from?
3. i've tried putting a paintball in my barrel and it rolled out pretty easy. both the gun and balls say they are .68 calibur. Does that brand just run a little smaller or something? (Brand im refering to is AMP balls by Zap and they seem to perform fine but i assume they'd perform better if the balls fit more snuggly)

thanks for any replies in advance.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i use premium paint because it flies straight and it dont break on me
its the only paint i use because ive had no problems with it so i cant comment on other paint

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RunningRioT said:
1. i use rps premiums
2. stay away from walmart paint (brass eagles etc..)
3. theres a third number aftr 68, so like .689, .687, and soemtimes .691, i would stay away from zap paint as it is horrid.
yeah i think i may have seen the .687 and .689 before. but how can i know which my barrel is and which the balls are? the ball case just says .68.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
theres a thread around here somewhere with a link to a site that list exact specs on all paints....and stock barrel depends on what gun u got.....and if its aftermarket it should say or be easily found.

btw:
1. WGP Domination
2. stay away from cheap zap......i put some in my gun today and one popped in the barrel...but it was old.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
1) Hellfire, if not availible Ultra Evil or Zap Chronic. They fly very straight, break easy and have a bright fill that isn't conducive to wiping.
2) Any Zap other than Chronic, Thrust, Wal-mart paint (except Scorch, made by Draxxus and doesn't shoot too badly), and most of the cheaper paints since they tend to be less accurate and more prone to bounces
3) Well you can either get a barrel kit to size the paint to your bore, or go by the chart and find what paint is a good match for your bore size.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i use x-ball paint, not bad, good with my all-american and ion. or i use chronic which they sell a tthe field.

thumup: thumup: thumup: thumup: thumup: :tup

·
Registered
186 Posts
Scorch(walmart paint) and sometimes Draxxus rec paint(blue/white shell, blue fill) i like those alot

·
Registered
49 Posts
1. Zap Chronic, no problems, fit my bore, can get them for about $30 a case :D .
2. Cheap paint...Wal-Mart paint

·
Registered
189 Posts
where can you get zap chronic for $30 a case

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
I use Karnage now, 20 bucks a case for me (pro shop sponsor)...it's not the best, but it's pretty decent. Price for normal people that go to the pro shop is 40 a case.

·
Teamless
456 Posts
1 Whitebox because its cheap but good.
2 Any brass eagle paint.
3 Paint sizes vary usually .689 or .693 are what you get, its near impossible to find a paintball that is exactually .68 they are alwasy bigger.

·
Registered
189 Posts
stay away from wildstreak. I don't even know why they make it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
****** said:
stay away from wildstreak. I don't even know why they make it.
because some newbies buy it lol. for cheaper you can get some decent paint on ebay or just online....

i use RPS paints mainly they all seem to work pretty good for me... plus i ge them for 1.3 cents a ball :)

STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING THAT ENDS IN STREAK (its trash)

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
two words...... all stars.....very awesome paintballs

1 - 20 of 25 Posts