Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know much about cyborgs, but what makes them so great and why would they be a better choice than a timmy, trix, or angel?

thanks

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Very fast too, even with a heavy trigger switch. Plus it just screams quality all over, you can tell the took time to make it a gun that you would like. Macdev is not one to make shabby products just to get a few extra bills in their pockets, or overhype and overprice them like dye and SP.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Yeah, while Dye and Smart Parts put about 5 ads in every magazine, MacDev stuff goes mainly by word from the owners of it.

Not the most popular brand, but some of the best stuff around. A lot like how AKA is.

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
Well first of all the Basicl alluminum the gun is made of.

See... austalias main export is Aluminum. and there are many grades of aluminum, from crappy stuff to HIGH grade stuff. and of course since Australia is a high exporter of it, they keep the best stuff in the country. And thats what all macdev products are made of :)

Next of all it's the quality of the machines that make the Cyborg and MacDev products. The machines are accurect to within i believe .0001 of a CM or something like that which basicly means that the tolerences are soo good the stock cyborg doesn't come with or even need o-rings on the bolt b/c the seal is soo good just b/c of the high tolerence.

Also, you got plain old effiency... As with all guns there is a short break in time, but after that, if u got a 68/4500 tank, u can go a whole day of play w/out filling. Thats right. As of now i'm getting OVER a case and a half off a 68/4500 fill.

Then, u got consistency... How good? i'm talking +/-<1 FPS over the chrono. and since the gun is soo well drilled, U can be ripping 28 BPs (and i've done it) and not get ne drop off. and if you do. it's 99.99% of the time the tank u are usuing.

Then price. For $998 you get the most consistant marker on the market (since viking isn't made ne more), you get Out of box turnament ready equipment. The reason there are only cosmetic upgrades for the cyborg is becuase there is no need for ne other upgrades other then a locking feedneck and a 80gram switch., then you have light weight... and i mean LIGHT.. when u pick this thing up, u expect heavy weight and i've seen ppl almost throw it over their heads thinking it was gonna weight a ton.

I don't know about you, but it's hard for me personaly to argue w/ those results since my team and I owned faces last sunday all shooting cyborgs. Never had 1 gun problem, no hot gun penently, and even though we were shooting the ****tiest paint on the world... we didn't get a SINGLE chop or ball break.

·
Registered
837 Posts
At first I wanted a borg...now im dying for one. Im prob gonna end up with one around the beggining of march. I know that along time, I cant wait.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
The Sonic Tri-fade doesn't look very good, nor does any other tri-fade.

The solid black sonic is the sexiest gun I've ever seen besides a Fly.

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
rivit said:
so...if youre such a sales man why dont you help me sell my gun :)

no

The sonic borg is worth the extra $$ in my eyes, Stock u get a faster board w/ different programming, you get a locking feed neck, roller bearing trigger, upgraded LPR, Upgraded bolt, and the body is milled, and the body is also drilled differently to open up some of the air passages more.

and any fade that ends up any color different then black, u gotta buy the match stick with it.. but the Blue > silver > blk fade on sonics is nice.

·
Registered
837 Posts
damn, I cant wait until March 7, 05. Cause thats when I get to sell my goat, IF I get to... IF my goat doesnt make the sell, then Im sh!t outta luck. If I do, then im selling my pirhana, getting my money, and buying a sonic borg. Wish me luck that my goat makes the sell....PLEASE PRAY THAT I DO!

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Goat = Pontiac GTO? That'd be my guess, anyway. Depending on the year of the GTO, I'm not sure if it'd be worth it to sell a GTO for a paintball gun.

But yeah, those sound like some sick guns. Look pretty sweet too, maybe if I ever get any money I'll pick one up.

-Jin

·
Registered
837 Posts
lol, when I say my goat, i mean, my goat. I raise it for a group im in called 4-H. You get to raise all sorts of livestock animals and get a sh!t load of money if you make the sell. Last year, I got $1000 for mine.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts