Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
bobsouderson said:
why dont we just ban the thousands of members who only posted once or not at all then???
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm searching for members with 0 posts that have registered anytime past a week ago....the chances are they aren't coming back and they are using up database space so I'm cleanin' shop! :D

A

·
0 Posts
P4IN7 B4LLS said:
and if we got a new server wouldnt everyone lose their accounts and our beutiful post counts

Nope, if the MySQL database is on cobras computer right now, and everything is in it, then all he does is make the new server connect to the current database.

·
baller for life
1,231 Posts
DuoDSG said:

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm searching for members with 0 posts that have registered anytime past a week ago....the chances are they aren't coming back and they are using up database space so I'm cleanin' shop! :D
click on members and then click on top ten and just start from the last page, should work like a charm if thats what your doing

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Yup, for Supermods its about 3 or 4 clicks and your banned. Admins can do it even faster...about 2 clicks:D

·
Banned
901 Posts
Banning is pointless---the members will still be there. What you need to do is take advantage of vB and delete all members in whatever post range you want (i.e. everyone with less than 5 posts gets deleted).

·
baller for life
1,231 Posts
PaintballerX said:
Banning is pointless---the members will still be there. What you need to do is take advantage of vB and delete all members in whatever post range you want (i.e. everyone with less than 5 posts gets deleted).
yea, samething in my world:D

·
All white bricks
967 Posts
hmmmmmmm i was talkign with some mod a while back(fergot who it was) and i was talking about why they dont ban all the people who just posted 5 times or less and they said theres no reason to.

well theres a reason now

·
Registered
376 Posts
i say we need a new server, if other forums can have more then 30thousand people and have no problem, and this forum get screwed up at like 5000, we need a new server or someway to make it possible to get more members and not have problems.

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
i dont see how deleting users would help any... its all the people on at the same time that is throwing it off not all the registered members

·
Administrator
1,124 Posts
Okay.

1. No deleting / banning old members will not solve the problem. They don't weight the server down any since they are nothing more than stored data that never gets used.

2. We are moving servers! Should be done by hopefully January 5 or so.

3. The downtime is because our server is currently over used. We aren't the reason though... the other accounts in the server are all experiencing high loads and the mysql database is under such heavy usage that that server is crashing from time to time! Frustrating. =0

4. The new server should fix this problem.

So hang in there. The next few days will be turbulent, but hopefully by the end of the 1st week of January, everything will be back to life as usual. :D

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
Cobra said:
1. No deleting / banning old members will not solve the problem. They don't weight the server down any since they are nothing more than stored data that never gets used.

gosh i am so smart;) i think the same thing hapend at nation but theres just got slower and the said to delete members but it wouldnt help but im glad everything will be back to normal eventually :D

·
Yay! whoops! yay!
3,028 Posts
Man I hope this gets sorted out soon. It really is agravting because for the past 3 days I havent been able to get on. And last night I finally could, but then when I clicked on the 1st thread it screwed up again!
But Im happy its working now. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts