Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, as im venturing into woodsball, ive got a pretty nice setup...

-98 custom
-Flatline
-Double trig
-Trig mods
-Lapco dropforward (PERFECT BALANCE!)
-Scope n red dot site of some kind
-Dye stick3s
-68/45k nitro tank.

What should i get now? Im thinkin abuot the verticle adaptor that allows a regulator to be put on. Its not really worth the money b/c of my regulated nitro tank, but i CANT STAND that hose into the middle of the gun...idk, it just annoys my speedball senses.

I would get the r/t, but in the off chance ill play a tourny, ill be screwed. And i dont really wanna throw around that kinda cash on a woodsball gun.

Im thinkin rocketcock 2, but im also thinkin of puttin a small collapsable stock on it, can i get a rocketcock and a stock on?

What else...I need help guys!

-RB-

·
Registered
271 Posts
If you don't have an electric hopper get one of those. The rocketcock isn't a bad idea because you'll get less dirt and stuff into your gun. Also, a vertical adapter with a reg. is a good idea imo; keeps everything set right. The r/t isn't a bad idea, but if you think you're going to play a tourny then don't even bother, buy a new gun.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
he said its a wodds gun
dont get en elec hopper u cant go more then 8-9 with a 98 and gravity feeds round 7
i would say a rocketcock 2 and defianlty a sotck
most will work with it
its with the flatline that it mite not work

·
Registered
358 Posts
Make sure if you get a stock to try it out first. The thing I found with my stock is when its on, you cant lower your head enough to look through the red dot. Your mask hits the stock and you cant even aim. So try it out with a mask on.

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^yeah, thats my friend nicks problem. He cant see thru the scope when his stock is on.

I might just get one of those t-bar stocks w/ my lapco dropforward.

Verticle adaptor and reg. are on the way. What kinda reg. should i use?

Also, im gunna get a revvy, enough for me.

-RB-

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
You could use a gas-through grip instead of a regulator up front. You won't be able to control the pressure except for what the tank gives you, but it might be something to consider.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Why spend extra money on a barrel when he already has a good barrel. Plus it depends on what kind of woods ball.

Like in the woods woods where there are trees everywhere, so when you shoot all you ball can't go far because of all the trees everywhere, or out in the middle of nowhere with dirt, hills, and bushes.

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I play in all kinds of cover and terrain. The flatline...wow, i just cant even begin to tell you how much it has stepped up my woodsball game. Its not leavin.

The gas thru up front issent a bad idea. My nitro tank is adjustable, and im runnin about 850 psi thru it, which is perfect operating pressure for a tippy. Regulator would kinda be a waste then.

Expansion chamber-How bad is this gunna hurt my HPA? I might get one b/c i sometimes use co2? i could just get macro fittings on both and switch them out based on wut im usin.

Stock-ive decided against a stock...mainly because when i put my tank into my shoulder, it provides awesome balance w/ the dropforward. Also, if i got a stock then id go w/ a coiled hoze remote, adding weight to my pack.

Plan so far...
-Verticle adaptor
-12v revvy
-reg and expansion chamber
-mac everythin

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Get a 12V revvie or better. Otherwise your gun is great. Also for you guys complaing that you have trouble using your red dot and stock because the mask gets in the way should check out the raised sight rails, those will eliminate that problem. But IMO the tank on a dropforward makes the best "stock" and the mask/red dot clash isnt an issue at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts