Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just recently started playing paintball, mostly backyard stuff, we got a bunch of land to play it on. We set up makeshift bunkers and we have fun. I have a tippmann 98 custom, we all do, me and everyone i play with which is family, and I am looking to upgrade it but I wanted to know what would the best choice be for an upgrade, my uncle already has a 14 inch barrel, which we saw made a difference in the power and distance in the shot. I was just wondering whatyou guys (being the more experienced players) recomend.

·
Teamless
456 Posts
Barrel is good for starts. Do not get above a 16in barrel. Also I am not sure about the power and distance your uncle saw. Unless he turned up his velocity the "power" would be about the same. The only way to increase "distance" is to get a flatline barrel which put backspin on the ball. All guns will pretty much shoot the same distance becasue of gravity. Barrel mainly increases accuracy which the stock barrel is very unaccurate.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If i were you i would get

A 14" J&J ceramic barrel (The one piece unless you have lots of money)
A Delrin bolt to reduce breakage
And an expansion chamber

·
Registered
189 Posts
maybe a drop forward if your gun is heavy on the back side when you have your tank on.

·
Since 1923
1,909 Posts
a new gun...lol god im hilarious :dodgy:

but seriously get a new barrel, a new hopper, and maybe a tank all of which you can bring to other guns except the barrel

·
Registered
694 Posts
Smitty said:
Barrel first then get an agitating hopper then get your tank antisiphoned and get a vertical adaptor with palmers reg.
Is putting a reg on a tippy really worth it when you think about it? :sly:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts