Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, i am new to paintball and i would like some advice from the players that are more experienced than me.

I am interested in buying paintball equipment and i would like your advice on what to get, because right now i don't know which brand is better, or why i should pick one marker over another.

First of all let me tell you how i like to play. I am not the kind of player that will use tons of paintballs to paint my opponents. I prefer making a few accurate and well planned shots. So i want my gun to give me an advantage when i play like this, i want it to be accurate and quiet but still be able to shoot lots of balls fast if needed.
I will mostly play rec ball but i want my gun to be able to play good in speed ball as well.
I am willing to spend around 250 dollars for the marker.

I also want some advice about the rest of the equipment, you know about the masks (especially those), the CO2, the loaders, maybe some upgrades i should get, etc...
I am willing to spend another 250 dollars for the rest of the equipment.

Thank you in advance,
Belle.

P.S. some people told me that a Smartparts Epiphany would be a good choice, what do u think??

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Only willing to buy new? that makes a huge difference in my advice.

And the epiphany is an ion with a metal body...I don't like either of them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i want them to be new so i will make sure there will be no problems with them (or at least no problems caused by the previous owner)

so if not an epiphany then what should i get??

·
Registered
9 Posts
epiphany

the epiphany is a great choice because it is a fast and accurate gun but it also has interchangable internals that come stock on the gun that will change air pressure. i would recomend it, but remember your gonna spend about 350 if you want a nitro tank and a decent hopper.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
you can get a Proto Rail(PMR), invert mini..but those are a bit out of your range. to be honest, you're better off buying used int hat pricerange.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Since people don't like the Ion or Epiphany...

A VS2 might be a good choice for you. It's a great gun, I might even pick one up for myself soon.

As for accuracy, the only thing that is going to help is good quality paint and a good quality barrel kit.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
At 250 on the gun(he's talking about a 500$ budget by his OP). Look and see if you can find a pmr or invert mini NIB on ebay.

Honestly buying new is not that big of deal. It's kind of foolish to cut yourself off from some GREAT guns, that 99% of the time have no issues, or issues that are simple to fix, for almost nothing.

That's your choice though. If I was you I'd either get a pmr or stick with a VS1.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Timmies, including the alias ones, are selling for 2-250$ now if you shop smart. That's outrageous for a gun that's only slightly larger and slightly heavier than an 05/06 ego, will shoot just as fast if not faster than any gun on the market, and upgrades cost NOTHING for at the moment.

The 05 speed and G& aren't quite that cheap but are damn near it! So many nice guns that the agg kiddies have destroyed the value of.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The VS1 is a good starter, and you can get a remanufactured one on actionvillage.com. They're practically new since they are markers that the manufacturer fixed and setup everything to original factory specs. Then you can use the rest of the money on a hopper, mask, paint, field fees, etc.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The VS1 is a good starter, and you can get a remanufactured one on actionvillage.com. They're practically new since they are markers that the manufacturer fixed and setup everything to original factory specs. Then you can use the rest of the money on a hopper, mask, paint, field fees, etc.
I agree the VS1 is a good starter and then you could get more stuff besides a gun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts