Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm starting to get into stock class play, and I play mostly woods. I've been looking at phantoms but I don't really know which one to get.

I've been looking at this for $160.

Also, what are some upgrades for the phantom? I've heard of the frantom barrel that is a freak insert in the phantom, but I don't really want to do that. Any help would be appreciated.

edit: I also found this for 180. What all do i need to buy to convert these to be able to use a 3.5 oz?

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
HomE SkiLLeT said:
So the stock barrel on the phantom is good enough?

And what exactly is the trigger shoe? On wevo it says it gives you a better feel on the trigger, but how?
Yes, the stock barrel is very good.

A trigger shoe is something you attach to the trigger that is wider than the stock trigger. There is a thread about it somewhere, I'll look for it.

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
MedicDVG said:
The stock trigger of a phantom is a stamped metal piece that is somewhat thin and uncomfortable. The triger shoe slides over the trigger, making the part of the trigger that you grip much wider and more comfortable.

They generally do not come stock on the phantom, but you can get a shoe for less then $5 usually from any number of vendors.

Here is the shoe itself...

Here is how a trigger shoe fits on a trigger (this one is not on a phantom though)

Here is one installed on a phantom trigger...

Get the picture? It took me a while to understand as well, but it made perfect sense once I actually picked up my phantom and saw it there.
Props to Medic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts