Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im sorta new to paintball, and i just got my Tippmann 98 Custom, and i was wondering what are the MUST HAVES for this gun? Any upgrades that are like a must have for a newbie can be posted here, along with a website or like a super store (i.e dicks sporting goods) of where those upgrades can be found.

Thanks in advance!

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Nothing, they aren't worth upgrading

Have fun with it, and if you really like paintball and want to continue, perhaps save up for a electropneumatic marker

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Bah you don't need an electropneumatic marker there are plenty of nice mechs that work as well or better. I do agree that Tippmanns aren't worth upgrading the trouble with them is that the upgrades are cheap and easy to find. You start with one $30 upgrade and then another and another and before you know it you have put three times the purchase price of your marker into it in upgrades. With a Tippmann the only upgrade you need to buy is a barrel the stock ones are notoriously lousy and buy a decent agitated or forcefeed hopper and remember to stay away from the Tippmann Cyclone!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got dye grips,J&J ceramic barrel,and a custom drop-down for mine. I'm buying a double trigger,E-Grip,and a force feed hopper in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts