Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, ive been happy with my dodge dakota just because its great for a first car. the more i drive (1 year now) the more i like to speed :cool: in my area knowing where all of the queer motorcycle cops are waiting with their radar is not hard. but anyways not anytime soon but in the future (maybe after high school, senior year) i might want to purchase or put a down payment on a new car. Im really not into racing but more fixing it up and depending on how much i get into it racing, not sure. What are some nice cars to look into. Ive just been researching the acura rsx. my price range is prolly no more than 13k, new or used. so, besides the rsx, what else should i research.

no tbirds :)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ninja7 said:
mustang
camaro
wrx
300zx, or other Z models

all can be had for less than 13k
not into camaros or mustangs, im into the more... ricer cars i guess you could say. never really thought about a subaru but something to look into i guess, and with the 300zx itd be really hard to find one in cond with lower milage (i know i cant be picky since it stopped in 96) but id rather go with a newer model

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also im looking for a car that i will eventually probably throw a body kit on, rims, and some stuff under the hood, so the car doesnt exactly have to be top of the line stock you know? not looking at Mazda 6 or Dodge srt-4.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
yuck....i predict another wannabe riced out beater with a mismatched body kit and a huge effing wing............

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
mynameisgeorgel said:
um, thats not what you said in an earlier post. maybe something like a focus svt? you can rice that out all you want
i've actually driven a focus svt with a euro package.. the guy told me to take it on a spin.. when i got back, he told me they only made like 160 svt's with that package.. all i gotta say is.. holy **** they're nice for being a focus... i liked the 6 speed and it's handling even in the snow is just unbelievable...

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
honestly focuses are quick little cars. Im not in to the whole ricer thing, but i drove one as a rental car and it had pickup for a 4 banger

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, when i used the term 'ricer' i didnt really mean totally riced out, actually barely. Right now im thinking about a civic, but who knows. i heard that the 05 srt-4s had a batch of them that had tranny probs. maybe a 240sx, crx? problem is that all the cars id like to have like 100k+ miles unfortunately.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
wait ur gonna have 13k........why did this not occur to me sooner......buy a classic car. Plenty of speed with the right upgrades,beefy v8s in most of em.......chicks love old cars. And you could rebuild one for around ur price range. And as you could tell by my car in my sig.......classics are sextastic!!!!! It would give you a chance to learn to fix things up too. AS a bonus you dont have to smog pre- i thinks its 74 vehicles so youll save some money every year.

·
Registered
778 Posts
12V Cummins.

Ultimate sleeper, left over money=lot's of mods=out run almost anything,and at least around here only safety inspection.

Plus all around good usability and good fuel mileage.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2 legit said:
wait ur gonna have 13k........why did this not occur to me sooner......buy a classic car. Plenty of speed with the right upgrades,beefy v8s in most of em.......chicks love old cars. And you could rebuild one for around ur price range. And as you could tell by my car in my sig.......classics are sextastic!!!!! It would give you a chance to learn to fix things up too. AS a bonus you dont have to smog pre- i thinks its 74 vehicles so youll save some money every year.
before i got my dakota i wanted to fix up a 69 or 70 chevelle but now im not into american muscle that much anymore.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
david_4x4 said:
12V Cummins.

Ultimate sleeper, left over money=lot's of mods=out run almost anything,and at least around here only safety inspection.

Plus all around good usability and good fuel mileage.
deisel....why bother, anyways you left out some things on ur list loud,smells like poo, deisel is more exspensive than gas......

·
Registered
778 Posts
2 legit said:
deisel....why bother, anyways you left out some things on ur list loud,smells like poo, deisel is more exspensive than gas......
Diesel why bother?

Well I know I could make 800HP be daily driven and get 20+ city MPG

Around here diesel is $.20 less.

It's only loud if you're to old. My trucks are rather quiet, compared to my mustangs.

And if you're worried about the smell, I haven't been around a car that didnt give off any oder. :shrug:

Plus you'd have a 10 second truck and actually have soemthing impressive. Watching and building so many fast cars gets boring after a while.

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
david_4x4 said:
Diesel why bother?

Well I know I could make 800HP be daily driven and get 20+ city MPG

Around here diesel is $.20 less.

It's only loud if you're to old. My trucks are rather quiet, compared to my mustangs.

And if you're worried about the smell, I haven't been around a car that didnt give off any oder. :shrug:

Plus you'd have a 10 second truck and actually have soemthing impressive. Watching and building so many fast cars gets boring after a while.

Werd

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
out here i think its like $.20 more. But i suppose to each his own, its just not my thing. Just seems like a crazy amount of work considering most big trucks (deisel) arent usually geared for high speed. And i will give you, my mustang is much louder than most diesels, but the sound diesel engines make just bothers me for some reason.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts