Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I keep getting these automated phone calls (you know the ones where there like you've won a trip to Hawaii!!11) like every half hour and its starting to piss me off. I can't remember giving my phone number out to ne one. Whats up with this? Any one else get thesse?

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
I got a couple of those last year, from some number in Japan. They'd leave automated messages in Japanese at my house, and afterwards we started getting these Japanese beauty catalogs out of nowhere.

I think it was because of my last name, but I admit- it was some funny ****.

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
if it doesnt stop you can call the popo and tell them you keep getting calls and it's kinda illegal I think for a company to basicly spam your answering machine and the police might call them and tell them to stop or something.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
i herd that if you tell them to take you off their calling lists...they HAVE to do it, and if they dont and keep calling you can press charges...im not sure if it would be worth it cuz you would probley put more money into getting a lawyer and court time then you would actually make off of the whole case...but im not sure

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
dude they dont have that law in jpan if thats where they are calling from...

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
sounds like someone who you did actually give your phone number to sold your number to them. That can be anyone like cable companies, phone companies, or anyone that collects info from you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts