Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Professional Hobo
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I already have the obvious Egg2 and clamping feedneck. What else besides a barrel should be a high priority to add to my gun. Btw I'm not getting hpa because of availability (60 miles from a field in every direction... thanks Missouri). Thanks

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
I got a Delrin ACS bolt for my TL-X, it works pretty well. I never broke any paintballs, in 1000 shots, and I'm using a gravity hopper ! And no more scratches inside my gun, and only need to oil the striker :cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have a pilot as well..... i have a 14" dye boomstick barrell but those are pricy and to be honest ive used the smart parts teardrop and it has near the same performance for only 40 bucks....if u look on ebay you can find some good deals...i would go for a sp teardrop 14" barrell and then hpa next...it helps the consistancy of ur fps which therefore increases your accuracy

·
Professional Hobo
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What all would I have to do to my marker in order to convert it for use with low pressure? (What would I need to buy/install? etc.)

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
just save your money and get a better gun. Something like an ION, wrath, or b2k4...they are faster, more efficient, have a lower operating pressure. They are all better than spyders. With spyders you have to dump tons of cash to make them work as good as guns like the b2k's, IONs, and wraths

dont do any more...save for a new gun

·
Professional Hobo
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The reason I have a spyder is because I needed an electric marker that could operate off of co2 without harming the internals. Spyders are one of the few brands with electric markers I know of that I could use co2 with without worrying about causing serious damage to my gun. I use co2 rather than hpa not because of price, but because of availability. I'm not going to drive 60 miles to the nearest field with nitrogen everytime I need my tank filled so I can play at my local field. So, I am trying to do the best I can with what I have to work with.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
For LP:

New valve, spring kit, bolt, and regulator. Those things will make your gun be able to run around 400-500 psi. But it's hard work and its a pain in the ass. You will have problems from LP guns; like recocking or burping.

·
Registered
306 Posts
converting your spyder into low pressure wont help all that much and will hurt your gas useage...

·
Professional Hobo
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should I stick with an ACS bolt or go for an aftermarket bolt? Plus since I have co2 and have pretty bad consitancy, should I get a reg?

·
Registered
506 Posts
If you get a reg, get a Palmers Stabilizer, they're the best with CO2

·
<a href="http://www.picoo
3,251 Posts
im not being mean, but i really would not upgrade a spyder, unless u plan on using it 1 year from now when ur really really into it, like tournys, start saving ur money for a gat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts