Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im jsut getting it to piantball and iv only played once so i dont have any cammo or anything. Whats the best type of clothing to wear for protection and for cammoflague without buying a whole expensive set if cammo?

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
some old crappy jeans, a t-shirt should do fine. I used to wear some hockey pants and a t-shirt, never had to much trouble w/ that.

Just don't do what i saw some kids at my field wear today. All white (completly) like k-swisses or wahtever, and it had rained also......bye bye whiteness.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
military surplus stores have good camo

·
Blue Barracudas.
1,585 Posts
I just wear any color sweats. I don't care really if people see me. I don't try to sneak around I just find wood bunkers and stuff to snap out of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So basically long sleeves are good enoghu for protection? becasue i dont really know how hard paintballs hit becasue iv only played once.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
they hit kinda hard. It's like getting punched in the arm, pain there for half a second, and then it's gone. And that is at it's worst. Most of the time it's like, "oh, what is that i felt (it almost hurt)? ah, paintball, guess i'm out"

·
Registered
306 Posts
paint balls do hurt but not that bad....some times when you are really into the game you dont even fill it..camo is good for woodsball. but not nessasay... just wear loose paints you can move (crouch duck jump crawl) and a dark shirt...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i looked in my closet for what i have so far and found some old roller hockey pants that still fit kinda(There big and really baggy but very thin and breathable) would those be good enough for protection? mayb if i wear shorts under? there black so there somewhat hidden

·
Registered
358 Posts
Skate and Paint said:
i found that jeans and an old camo jacket are good for woodsball. i got my camo jacket for about 10 or 15 bucks i think at a local thrift store.
Ya I got my camo coverals for about the same at a thrift store. good place to look for cheap camo :naughty

·
Registered
188 Posts
I wear heavy camo jeans. I then wear some t-shirt or tank top. Over that I usually wear a hoodie. Good protection. I also got some cheap JT carnivore series gloves at wal-mart. They got a lil bit of fluffy padding in them. They help some. Only $7. Thats all you need. Get a Scott mask too. I can't understand wh yanyone wuld need something so expensive as a Dye invision either when it does the same job as a cheap-ass Jt mask.

·
Registered
188 Posts
my jt mask sucks, the foam is all scratchy like, it gives you the awesome racoon ring indentations around your eyes because the foam doesn't breath very well and is pretty firm...its like you have some freaking coral pressing against your face

vforce profiler is awesome for me because it has a low profile,thermal anti-fog lenses that are easy to swap out to put in tinted lenses or to clean them, and last of all it doesn't feel like I'm running around w/ a welder's mask on....

camo = keep it in woodsball....if you're playing at a recball field, and you're new, you're going to look even more new wearing camo...I've been wearing jeans for the longest, i seriously doubt camo pants can withstand the kind of slides I began to do in my jeans, my jeans didn't even seem to be worn at all (maybe because the field's grass is so good)

seriously you look better wearing plain clothes, maybe a long sleeved shirt, I wore a short sleeved jersey that I had laying around cuz it was hard to rip, nice and loose so it's "caught" a few paintballs w/o breaking them

1 - 20 of 41 Posts