Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK now. You know that you need to keep your tippy oiled, but what do you use? Here are a few suggestions.

At the top of the list is air tool oil. It comes in nice quantities and is cheap. Plus you can get it at any hardware store, walmart, or auto parts store.

Examples: Marvel Mystery Air tool Oil ($1.69), Champion Air Tool Oil ($1.24), Amflo 1220 Air Tool Oil ($1.50).

Next in line is oil specifically made for paint ball markers.

Examples: WDP Angel Love Juice ($8.99), Battle Lube Oil ($2.88), Gold Cup Oil ($2.88), Empire Lube Premium Oil ($4.88), 32 Degrees Gun Oil ($.88).

Lastly are the gun oils.

Some good ones are: Hoppe's Lubricating Oil $(1.85), Rem Oil ($1.69).

Some bad ones are: 3-N-1 Oil, WD-40, ??? any suggestions and I'll edit!

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
I think it eats at the orings, though i'm not 100% sure on that one. I've used it before though, no problems. WD-40 isn't supposed to be used on a lot of stuff... makes you wonder what it's actually supposed to be used for! ;)

- Brian

·
Registered
50 Posts
wd-40 is used as a de-greaser while lubricating so it could hurt some of your rubber or plastic parts
i personal like pmi oil it is thin and runs through your gun quite well

·
Registered
45 Posts
last weekend i ran out of oil and troved through the house to find something, what i found was a synthetic oil for high performance cars called "royal purple" I said what the hell and gave it a go. worked just fine.

·
Registered
434 Posts
what i found was a synthetic oil for high performance cars called "royal purple"
OMFG...you used what is some of the best high-preformance synthetic motor oil on your paintball gun. That probably wasn't a very good idea, however, considering that motor oil is much more viscous than paintball oil, enough to the point where it might slow down the firing cycle. I'd suggest cleaning your gun out and getting some pneumatic lubricant.

The same goes for using regular gun oil (such as hoppes #9.) Its acutally less viscous than paintball oil, so you're going to end up blowing most of it out the barrel. Its also not the best stuff for o-rings...again, I'd suggest getting some paintball oil...there's a reason paintball guns have oil specially formulated for them.

I use whatever the proshop I go to has in stock (it changes every few months.) I get it free anyways so I'm not picky. Right now I've got about 3/4's of a bottle of ACI Airlube. They're all about the sme.

·
Registered
346 Posts
i use "tippman pneumatics oil" came stock with my marker thumup:

·
Registered
220 Posts
the only time u should ever use wd 40 is when u wipe rust off of yer marker. just spray some on and the rust wipes right off. great for cleaning yer gun after a rainy day but just dont get it on yer o rings

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
Flatliner105 said:
unstickie this

agreed..not worth a sticky. or at the least combine this with the "regulating your tippmann" sticky to have just 1, cuz both of this one and the other one arent really sticky material...just clutter

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
I stuck them b/c they were very helpful, and i have seen those questions asked before, but if the vote is to unstick them, then they shall be unstuck! Also i merged the Mod and Upgrade thread together in an attempt to cut down on the stickies. I have a slight problem with the fact that Dan's post is now on the second page, and that is a really good one. I'll see what i can do ;)

- Brian

·
Banned
136 Posts
gold cup oil

·
Registered
434 Posts
On the sticky thing...

Do we really need this in the Tippmann Forum? This would fit better in the "Everything Else" Forum in "Other equipment."

Just my $.02

1 - 20 of 24 Posts