Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crazy thinking my last post was in August, and my last one before that was in May. I haven't even lurked since my last post, just crazy how I couldn't stay away from this place and now I make less then 20 posts a year if that. I'm getting ready to move back to Denver. Currently in the middle of building a car too. I dropped (failed) out of K-State so I'm back at the Junior College. I'm about 10 hours shy from my Associates so I'm about to finish up with that and finish out in Denver once I'm eligible for in-state tuition (~1 more year).

I recently also picked up a DM5 and PM6 so I'm going to be playing here in a few weeks hopefully. Going to be my first time in six years, so it'll be interested to say the least. I ended up picking two guns up because I just wanted two lol. Plus my girl is wanting to play with me, so I'll probably let her use the DM5. But ****.. Both guns, two Halo's (one NIB w/ V35) three pod packs, tons of pods, huge Redz gear bag, Dye C11 pants (for the girl) and a bunch of other odds and ends. I ended up paying $250 for all that. Found everything on craigslist. The DM5, Halo V35 and pants were actually a different deal, but yeah I got this **** way cheaper then I would have paid on PBNation even so I'm happy. Just need a tank hydro away from playing, then I need to get the girl a tank and mask and she'll be set too.

Life has been crazy though.. LOTS of ups and downs but I know once I'm back in the 303 everything will be all good once and for all. :tup

How is everybody else doing these days?

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah the DM5 has Tadao and the PM6 has Virtue. I keep hearing that most fields cap at 12.5bps or something? I was wanting to just shoot some kids on semi-auto or ramping.. Has paintball gotten pretty gay? Or is it still enjoyable ~10 years later for those who do still play?

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Well howdy there stranger. Glad to see you are still kicking around. Welcome back... Not much happening with me... got divorced from wife #1... got married to wife #2... we have a kid.. broke my ankle in July of last year and have been off work since then so I am going back to school for my associates in nursing..

Other then that.. nothing much.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still enjoy it. Most fields that allow ramping cap at 12.5. I don't know too many fields that cap semi.
That's good to know semi is uncapped. I can still walk a trigger pretty well.

good to see you're still around. What kind of associates are you trying to get?
For sure man you as well, and I'm just getting a Liberal Arts AA. I'll be going to metro state in Denver finishing up more then likely with a BS in Computer Science. I was going for Economics and Business but I think computers will all around be easier for me.

Well howdy there stranger. Glad to see you are still kicking around. Welcome back... Not much happening with me... got divorced from wife #1... got married to wife #2... we have a kid.. broke my ankle in July of last year and have been off work since then so I am going back to school for my associates in nursing..

Other then that.. nothing much.
I remember you splitting with your 1st wife, sounds like things are going good the second time around though. How far into the associates program are you?

holy crap thats a good deal for 250

how mucg did you pay for the c11s?
I know man. I got the DM5, NIB Halo w/ v35 and C11s for $130. My girl tried on the c11s and they fit her pretty much perfectly. I still have camouflage JT Team pants from like 2005. I also still have TwistedPain's old Proflex. Is that mother ****er still around?

By the way like I said guys I'm still needing another tank and a mask so my girlfriend can play. I've also got some homeboys that want to go with as well so it'd be nice to have an entire extra setup. I've got lots of stuff I could trade for the gear or if you're a stickler I've got cash as well.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn there is hardly any love on here anymore... welp looks like I might not log in for quite a while again. I was excited when I made this post it looked like this place had been much more active then before but I guess I was misled.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
There is love, just not enough for you. :dodgy:

Seriously though, if you come out in support of the new Tippmann Crossover we will gladly replace Trbo with you.

·
Registered
361 Posts
:eek:
Mutiny!!!

In any case, your markers look great!
And yes, the Forum has been dying for a while now
:(
Funny thing though. I can get better and more objective answers here than on either Pbnation or Techpb, yet this site is dying. Hell, ask which 400.00 marker is best and everyone starts spitting out "GoG Extcy" this Extcy that. Yet dumps all over brands like Tippmann and Spyder. I mean an irrational hatred for Spyders. It's insane.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
That's because it's neat new thing; people here are mature enough to wait out the storm, them we form an opinion.

unless, of course, it's the tippman crossover.
I've only seen 1 person so far that has come out and formed an opinion already on the Crossover. :D

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I've formed an opinion on the Crossover and I think it looks awesome! I've never bought a new electro before but that will all change! I might ever preorder the Crossfire that is how awesome I think it looks.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It just sucks because if the site had a staff that actually gave a **** (aside from Medic) then I could see this place being a lot better. That one mother ****er took the place over and promised to do all this **** and it just crashed and burned after he took over. Even when Mark just abandoned this place for a good year it was way more active and better.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. Xpaintball going under dind't help much either, as it was a major draw to this place.

but yea, the new administration hasn't done a thing for this place, they're just cashing off the adds and whatnot. go ahead and talk **** about them all you want, they're never here to see it.

·
shine on.
10,745 Posts
It just sucks because if the site had a staff that actually gave a **** (aside from Medic) then I could see this place being a lot better. That one mother ****er took the place over and promised to do all this **** and it just crashed and burned after he took over. Even when Mark just abandoned this place for a good year it was way more active and better.
Indeed. Some good times were had here back in the day.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts