Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a c98 with a J&J 14" barrell, it also has a double trigger

my question what upgrades do i need to be able to keep up with other higher end/ mid range markers.

we just had a new field go up here and its all speedball so i need to be able to keep up

keep them kinda tournament legal or field legal (however u wanna put it)

thank you

·
Registered
24 Posts
To start with, a 98 isn't the best gun for speedball. Does this new field allow R/Ts? That would be pretty much your only hope for firepower (besides the e-bolt which is way overpriced). If your serious about paintball then I suggest getting an HPA tank, and a good electric hopper so you can keep that stuff for your next gun. After you get those, get basic things for your gun like a barrel, expansion chamber, and maybe an R/T if your field allows.

·
<3
1,347 Posts
mavsfan31 said:
Not as bad as Angels with grav feed.
My teammate used to use a gravity feed on his shocker...:(

But for the 98c, like said above, check and see if th r/t is lega where you will be playing. If so I would go with that. The e-bolt is another option, however I would NOT reccomend that, it is way too expensive, and you could begin to save up for another gun instead. If r/t is not legal, just play with it how it is, if your not playing against really tough people you should be fine. Just start saving for your next gun. ;)

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
If you really love your gun, and don't want to get rid of it, get the ebolt, It will make your gun electropneumatic, but for the price of that one upgrade, you could buy an ION, so it's not really worth it. Just play with what you have, and when it feels the time that you want to upgrade to a nicer gun, do so.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive already began the idea of me selling my tippy on ebay and buying an ion,

but in the mean time any "construsctive" tips?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
HPA, 12V revvy, double trigger, read the upgrade stickey concerning trigger mods. I personally reccommend replacing the sear spring with 2 rubber bands (covered in great detail in the upgrade stickey)get a 10 inch aftermarket barrel. A vertical adaptor and run the tank right into the front grip. (Not the most comfortable setup but definitely the smallest--lets face it, the tippy's biggest downfall is its length.)

·
Registered
559 Posts
SirSnipps said:
To start with, a 98 isn't the best gun for speedball. Does this new field allow R/Ts? That would be pretty much your only hope for firepower (besides the e-bolt which is way overpriced). If your serious about paintball then I suggest getting an HPA tank, and a good electric hopper so you can keep that stuff for your next gun. After you get those, get basic things for your gun like a barrel, expansion chamber, and maybe an R/T if your field allows.
which gun is best?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 98 out of the entire Tippmann line is probably one of the best for speedball IMO, but for a small setup I recommend a shorter barrel, a vertical adapter (or you could do like me, look in my sig.) a drop(a good one not flame) then a firepower upgrade and a faster hopper, I know that if you rig a Predator board and a timmy solenoid to an E-Bolt it'll compete with some higher end guns, but this is expensive, and takes some skill, so not recommended for anyone who doesn't know how, then I'd say intellilink mod (PM me for mech intellilink and electro intellilink mods if they aren't in the mod thread.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts