Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a g4 with a gig of ram, and I'm looking to buy a new video card.
I want to use it when I get a g5, too, so i'm looking for a top-of-the-line card, in the 200-300 ish range.

Any advice?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
i guess so, i've had the 9800 for a while, the newest game i got is joint ops and it's doin well but i wouldn't know for D3 or HL2 yet

·
Registered
322 Posts
id say go with a radeon

-Kev

·
Free Ballin
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So.... the nvidia 6800 is $500. Can't afford that.
Should i get the ATI 9800 for 300ish?

Where'd you get that for 110 smitty?

·
Registered
967 Posts
had the 6800, then i got a 9800 XT from a friend after he was forced to sell his comp

i like the 9800 XT ALOT better than the 6800 it just runs smoother for me , but ya know it depends on the games and whatnot

·
The green pussy
566 Posts
If your getting a G5 soon you don't need the ultimate of graphics card to play the best games. You shouldn't have expected to play many games with a mac since they are mainly designing computers. Anyways, I have a GeForce FX 5200 with only 64 MB of VRAM, even with such low VRam the G5 processor kicks in and does a lot of the work. I played Unreal Tournament 2004 at 1024x600 resolution (I love the cinema display) and I even had ichat, msn messenger and a couple of other applications opened in the back, I got no slow dow what so ever. So it passed the test with Unreal Tournament, it matches the requirements for Doom 3, so when that comes out for mac I will have to see how my small graphics card, but powerful processor handles that :). But if you have the money, get a better graphics card, and you wont have to work the G5 as hard.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts