Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got an email in july saying I could have a job interview to be a ref at a pbfield. The day before, I had just given up any hope of getting hired and accepted an invitation to go to cape cod a week.

So I emailed back adn asked if I could reschedule it, adn we did. I told the guy that hired me that I was going to florida in a few weeks... He jokingly said that I go on too many vacas (when in reality I havent been away in like 3 years)

I got hired. I worked two days, then I heard nothing from anyone after that.

One saturday morning I got a call saying I was scheduled to work 1 hour ago. So I rush in, and work the day.

Then, the same thing happened again on a wendsday night, but I couldnt make it in.. One guy said it was their fault for not calling.. I asked if I should call and find out for myself, adn he said that would be fine, but they'll try to contact me.

So I get that clal, and they schedule me to work while I'm away.. I said that I was going to be out of state andI'd be back the first week in september. asked if it would be a problem. he said "well find out" and we ended the convo.

So I get back from florida like sometime the first week in sept (it was summer vaca, I dont know the days, lol). I waited for them to call, but nothing.. time went on.. and I figured I should call up.

By now its been like a week and a half, so I call up, and the tele service just loops (press 5 for proshop.. then it rings, then says press 5 for proshop over and over) I call again days later and its like that again.

So, its almost been 3 weeks, and I'm afraid I'm going to lose my job.

I heard stories about the guy who got fired before me.. He took every weekend off and was a dickhead, then had the nerve to ask if he still got the discount after he was fired.

I really dont know how to explain it or what to say without coming off as a douche who takes vacations and skips work every 3 days

second opinion needed.

·
Banned
4,821 Posts
You shouldn't get fired after you told them that you wouldn't be there and all that. Unless they are complete assholes and don't consider that a reason to take off. If you would get fired, which i highly doubt you will, just argue back and state your opinion why you shouldn't have been/or be fired.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Alpha said:
No... I actually have to take two trains and sometimes two buses too to get to this field.
Which field is it Alpha?

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MrMacDude said:
Why haven't you physically gone in and talked to them yet?
I'd rather wait for a phone call or make one then take 1+ hour to go to Boston, go to the other side of it, walk for 5 minutes, get scheduled, and come back 1+more hours.

:dodgy:

One of the guys (not the manager) told me to call tomorro when jewa (schedule dude/my boss) is in. :dodgy:

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
It's not that bad of a trip is it?

red line -> downtown xing... orange line -> sullivan

right?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Next time you're in there talk to whoever about how you really need to have at least a one-week schedule. It doesn't seem productive for anyone if they continue to call you to work when it takes an hour to get there at best.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PBNewbie69 said:
It's not that bad of a trip is it?

red line -> downtown xing... orange line -> sullivan

right?
Well, from my house to the Quincy Center T is a 15-20 minute walk. Then whatever it takes to wait for the train to get there. Then from the quincy center T to downtown xing, its like 30-40 minutes. Then I have to wait for the orange line again, then get on it for 10-15 minutes, then walk to the field.

Its long, but I dont mind it when Im getting paid to get shot with paintballs and yell at n00bs.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Does it pay well? I would try to explain your side of it and hope he understands. If you argue with him, you have a good chance of being fired. Most Bosses don't take kindly to employees who argue with them.

O

·
0 Posts
Don't really know what to say, but I have a funny story to humor the Alpha.

My dad used to work at a shipyard. One of the guys there just decided to skip work. He didn't come back for 2-3 years. When he came back he just kept working. They never did the paperwork for it so he got to keep his job.

That's my story.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ShepardD said:
Does it pay well? I would try to explain your side of it and hope he understands. If you argue with him, you have a good chance of being fired. Most Bosses don't take kindly to employees who argue with them.
(Especially boston people)

We'll find out tomorro.. One of the proshop dudes put me on hold and spoke to someone.. I think they just cant do scheduling and need to wait for the boss man.

And yes, its boston paintball. Excellent field. The staff is really great, field is excellent (it gets changed every week), we fill to 4500, have a full proshop available, lots of staging area, its heated/air conditioned... Check it out sometime.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts