Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Should I Give My Niece & Nephew The Money?

• Yes, give $50 to each of them for whatever they want.

Votes: 28 66.7%
  • No, keep it and save it or invest it.

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I'm feeling fat and sassy.

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister gave me $100 for Christmas. Now it may not be a lot to some of you guys, but my sister is raising two kids.

I've been thinking how I really don't have anything that I want to buy. I'm content with what I have. So therefore I was thinking of taking my niece (10) and nephew (7) to the mall and just let them buy $50 each of whatever they want.

If I don't do that, I'd probably just save the money or invest it in my business or something. So what should I do? I want a few second opinions on this.

-Jinjiro

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I would just give them the 50 bucks each.

·
Liquor for da Homiez
5,338 Posts
Invest > $100? Ya that will get you real far...

Give it to the kids. You don't need anything, and get that warm fuzzy 'high' from doing something nice. Plus score cool points with them at a young age so when you get old they can take care of you.

·
Liquor for da Homiez
5,338 Posts
Better yet, do $50 for each of the kids and save the rest!

Couldn't resist. No self-control. My bad.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
man just give it away... you'll end up spending it on something useless anyway.. your sister will thank you and appreciate it forever, but you only lose 100$ for what - a few months mabye? you have other **** to look forward to anyway.. you just got into rochester. i personally like giving presents.. it makes them happy and makes me happy because they know i care, and because i like seeing everyone else happy

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
ja289 said:
man just give it away... you'll end up spending it on something useless anyway.. your sister will thank you and appreciate it forever, but you only lose 100$ for what - a few months mabye? you have other **** to look forward to anyway.. you just got into rochester. i personally like giving presents.. it makes them happy and makes me happy because they know i care, and because i like seeing everyone else happy
too lazy to say what he said, so ill just say QFT

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
NYY said:
i wouldnt give $50 to a 7 or 10 year old. buy them like a spongebob dvd set or something
yea i was just gonna say that. $5 is prolly a load of dough for kids that old, so just take em shopping and spend like $50 tops and theyll be more than grateful. take the rest and pt it towards a car payment or something

·
Since 1923
1,909 Posts
flowbob said:
too lazy to say what he said, so ill just say QFT
to lazy to even say as much as flowbob said so QFT

Edit: oh ya dont give them that much money so young you need to teach them the value of a dollar by buying them stuff and never teaching them you have to pay for things :rofl :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts