Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want some input from you members. What do you guys think would attract more people and regulars to our forum. We are getting a lot of new members a month but they post once or twice then never post again. What can we do to keep them posting here and get more people active? What can we add to the forum? What is something you would like to see that no other forum does?:confused:

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
pay the moderators or I go on strike.

Some people join to ask a certian question then leave once it's answered, we can't really stop that. It's the people who really crave information that stick around. With that in mind, I think up to date stickies are called for and active marker forums. I think most people who post in marker forums own starter markers as i hardly ever see that other sections being used. I'm not sure if it's always been that way or if it's a byproduct of us being a slow forum and people running tot he nation for a faster response.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
I agree with matrix, a lot of these people just ask 1 or 2 questions on things they are having trouble with or want help and they're gone. The thing i've noticed is the community has shrunk noticably from what it was when I first joined. If we do a few good, interesting contests or such in the lounge (i'm talking supported by the forum w/ prizes, etc) we can keep our regulars around. Eliminate the dead marker forums and lets try and bring back the marker communities. Maybe in a attempt to have more users on interacting include a points system for online time along with the posts and thread scoring. The points system could possibly hold the key to vitalize this forum.

an arcade would be a drain on bandwidth and a waste.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
bobide, you're suggesting we turn it into a social forum more then a paintball forum? or is that to keep the older members around?

I disagree with removing "dead" marker sections. How do we keep people if they've got questions that we don't have a section for?

I've got another suggestion. Ditch the mods who are never around anymore and pick up new ones that know paintball stuff. I can't understand why we have mods who hardly ever log in anymore.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
just to keep the older guys around. If it stays interesting, they stay, and end up sharing their paintball knowledge.

what do you think paintball chat is for? Heck, the noobs stick their threads in there half the time.

new mods could help a little, but there isn't a whole lot of enforcement necessary. Or are you thinking of having them as some type of role model?

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
just to keep the older guys around. If it stays interesting, they stay, and end up sharing their paintball knowledge.

what do you think paintball chat is for? Heck, the noobs stick their threads in there half the time.

new mods could help a little, but there isn't a whole lot of enforcement necessary. Or are you thinking of having them as some type of role model?
I'm thinking social role model as well as information gurus. If we're able to get people answering questions more quickly, people will be more inclined to sick around.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
I have to agree that it seems we aren't as big as we where when I first joined. The problem is that the Nation is so big it's rediculos. We need something new, something that other web sites don't have. pbreview is staying alive because of their reviews. Maybe we need something different.... possibly a section devoted to showing how to fix gun problems with pictures and maybe video or something.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I've got another suggestion. Ditch the mods who are never around anymore and pick up new ones that know paintball stuff. I can't understand why we have mods who hardly ever log in anymore.
How would this help keep / bring in members? This forum needs little moderation as it is. That will in no way effect members.

Besides, most of the people who actually "moderate" are admins (ie - Medic and Dooms). That, and Pierced.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
How would this help keep / bring in members? This forum needs little moderation as it is. That will in no way effect members.

Besides, most of the people who actually "moderate" are admins (ie - Medic and Dooms). That, and Pierced.
hmm. pretty sure moderate as well, but that's beside the point. I guess i'm thinking the more mod activity we have, the more new users will stick around, especially if mods start keeping the stickies up to date and such. course, anybody can do that...but nobody does.

I like the video help idea, but do we have enough members with cameras to make it possible?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts