Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
From Squidoo
Sear trippers are paintball guns that have electronic triggers that literally "trip" the sear for you. The electronics are only located in the grip of the paintball marker, and do not regulate air pressure or velocity. Velocity is still adjusted by regulating air flow or adjusting spring tension, the electronics in the gun only control the speed at which the sear is tripped (the ROF), or firing modes. Sear trippers often take 9vlt batteries, which are located in the grip frame. Electronic eyes are now available on many sear trippers, which can dramatically reduce the chopping of paint (something that these guns are known for).

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
I don't like their definition.
A sear tripper is any gun, electric or mechanical, that uses a sear to hold the internals in the cocked position. The sear is 'tripped' by either part of the trigger or a pancake solenoid in electronic guns.

EDIT:
I also don't like how it says they use a 12v battery. Load of crap right there.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
I don't like their definition.
A sear tripper is any gun, electric or mechanical, that uses a sear to hold the internals in the cocked position. The sear is 'tripped' by either part of the trigger or a pancake solenoid in electronic guns.

EDIT:
I also don't like how it says they use a 12v battery. Load of crap right there.
I call mech ones blowbacks. I dont know why.
I didnt notice the 12vt. It should be 9v. I changed it to 9.

·
1,298 Posts
I call mech ones blowbacks. I dont know why.
I didnt notice the 12vt. It should be 9v. I changed it to 9.
Spyders are blowbacks (electric or mechanical,) tippmanns are blowbacks, BTs are blowbacks, piranhas are blowbacks.

Blowback is an operational style where some of the gas released when the valve is opened is used to push the striker/hammer/rear bolt back into the cocked position.

·
Administrator
14,120 Posts

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Yes, but I personally call them that. Not relating to actual STBBs.

·
1,298 Posts
What about mech cockers? Those are sear trippers too. :p

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Back in the day, people rationalized their dislike for guns like spyders based on the fact that they were sear trippers. They would be like "oh don't buy that, its just a sear tripper" but somehow cockers got left out and were considered good.

·
Administrator
14,120 Posts
ya but while my honda civic is a "4-banger" so is my fathers S2000 but the two cars are very much in separate leagues, likewise a open bolt STBB and a closed bolt cocker are as well, i think the biggest thing is that while still a sear tripper the cocker is not a blowback

1 - 14 of 14 Posts