Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Ford is selling Aston Martin.

VW is buying Lotus (and Proton).

GM is making a diesel Caddy CTS....but for Europe only.

There is a big surge in the collectibility of big boulevard cruisers (I.E. 1950's boats). However, as a whole the car market is leveling out. Most auctions actually lost money from last year.

The first new Rolls Royce convertible sold for $2,000,000. The rest are going for $407,000+.

The 2007 Boss 302 mustang will have a 425hp 5.0L V8, the 2009 Mustang GT will have a 380hp version of the same 5.0L V8 engine.

The new Viper is 600hp and Mopar is making performance parts for it, available from your local Dodge dealer, that will bump it up to near 700hp in Naturally Aspirated form.

Lot's of European diesels coming stateside, Mitsubishi is making a diesel Lancer, Honda is working on a diesel car, and GM has a diesel coming out for light duty trucks and SUVS in '10.

Oh, and the Chevrolet Camaro was canceled as they can't make it financially competitive with the mustang.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just kidding on that last one.:)

Though both the Camaro and Challenger will cost more than the Mustang. Some reports are at least $5,000 more for the base V6 version of the Camaro.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how come diesel cars arent ever offered in the american market? i dont understand it. i guarantee they would sell.
Because our emissions standards are stricter than European standards. There are a few diesel cars out there though, like the VW Jetta and Mercedes E320CDI. We'll see more in the near future now that America has low sulfur diesel which makes those emissions standards a bit easier to obtain (though catalytic converters, EGR, and possibly Urea injection will be necessary to make it happen).

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so...emissions is less strict overseas? Doesnt diesel burn cleaner than gasoline? Gah...im lost. If i could pick up a diesel, id like a ford focus diesel...
Better CO/C02 emissions, slightly worse nitrogen emissions and larger particulates. The particulates have been taken care of with catalytic converters/exhaust scrubbers, it's the nitrogen (NOx) that's the pain to reduce. Really though, NOx isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things, it's the CO/CO2 that's contributing to the green house effect and smog.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts