Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
likes squirrels
109 Posts
25$-$30 is really not all that cheap for a half case. The paint that i buy when playing at byop fields is about $35 from the proshop. I think it is the warped bonus ball and it actually shoots very nice from a smaller bore ultralite. For the amount of money you are willing to spend you can really get any half case of paint, even the more expensive stuff.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You can get 2000, Brass Eagle Monster balls, for like 25 bucks

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
=POS paint that will chop half the time.
actually, monster balls are pretty difficult to chop. I've been wasting some in my backyard on multipe occasions before, and gotten a ball stuck just between the bolt and the bottom part of the feed. Granted, this still doesn't present very good quality of paint.

Normally, just whatever your shop is selling would be the best bet, but i've used alot of monsterballs and never had much of a problem with them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I normally get stinger paintballs for $35 a case from my local shop, but they recently had a sale on cases of inertia paintballs for $35 also so I've switched to that. I recommend inertia, breaks if you just drop it on the ground, but doesn't chop (often).

·
Registered
33 Posts
I played with monster balls (paid $30/case) this weekend with my ION. I had no chopped balls; I was stupid enough, however, to leave a pod of paint in the Utah heat and the balls melted. DAMN IT!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I agree. 2000 Brass Eagle Monster Balls for $30 is a good deal. I've had my ION for months now, and thats all I use is Monster Balls. They shoot straight, fly long, and break on target. I use a force feed hopper too so i never chop any paint, but even without it, I still don't chop any paint.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
hey guys hey guys hey guys!!!

you can get monster balls at WalMart for REALLY CHEAP!!!

On a serious note; if you get paint at walmart ALWAYS check it to make sure it's not deformed, soft, or has broken paint inside the bags. I went to walmart and opened up every single box of paint, inspected each bag(whihc employees walking by me, mind you..they didn't care) I ended up deciding on four good bags of paint and they worked fine for me. I'd never, ever, ever consider picking up a random box and walking out with it though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So you just left a bunch of cases opened? Don't you think that if you do that a few more times they are going to get pissed off and kick you out or something? Those oponed boxes will no longer sell for full price. I have shot monster paint and had no breakage to speak of.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
They will still sell them at normal price to people who dont know what they are buying. Which sucks for them, but hey, thats not your problem.

Also, walmart can always send the broken paint back if they really even cared.

I prefer something like Diablo Midnight. It is about $30. Always quality in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Where do you get Diablo Midnight from? Can you buy it in a local store or only off the internet? I've never done that at Wal-Mart before, but I think I might start, because I've had a couple boxes with breaks in them and Wal-Mart wouldn't do an exchange or refund because they said that I had done that at my house and tried to rip them off! Why would I break it all up and go get a new box of it? That makes no sense!

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
So you just left a bunch of cases opened? Don't you think that if you do that a few more times they are going to get pissed off and kick you out or something? Those oponed boxes will no longer sell for full price. I have shot monster paint and had no breakage to speak of.
If any of them asked me what i was doing or told me to stop, I woulda told them the truth. I was in dire need of paint and I wasn't going to pay full price for bad paint. It's the first and proball the onyl time I'll buy paint from there. I prefer to support my local fields and/or internet sites. Most of the boxes were opened anyway. and there was a case of monster balls that could have been easily mistaken for those water filled squishy balls :)

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Where do you get Diablo Midnight from? Can you buy it in a local store or only off the internet? I've never done that at Wal-Mart before, but I think I might start, because I've had a couple boxes with breaks in them and Wal-Mart wouldn't do an exchange or refund because they said that I had done that at my house and tried to rip them off! Why would I break it all up and go get a new box of it? That makes no sense!
from actionvillage.com My paintball field has them in stock and i've got a bag left over from last time i played. they've been real good to me. the first time i used them they broke from a 5 ft drop; last time i used them, they went' quite that amazing, but they were till worth the $49 a case i paid for them

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
i say get vivible impact from walmart, nice and cheap at about 20 dollars for 1000
Never buy it by the case. Always by the bag, because the cases sit around forever. They go through the smaller amounts like crazy. So buy 4 of the 500 pb boxes instead of 1 case. The paint will be much better. Thats something you should only do when you're in a pinch though, otherwise just get some heat, midnight, inferno, xball bronze, PMI premiums, GAP, whatever.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Visible Impact paint is really nice too. It shoots nicely, and it has a bright pink fill!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts