Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody I'm new to paintball and the BE t storm is my first marker I've done a lot of reading and searching to come to find out that my marker sucks lol. So I want to upgrade a few parts starting with the barrel.

I've found a single piece 12in, a 2pc 14in and a single piece 16 all for 25 dollars each on ebay. So my question is which barrel would provide the best accuracy with minimum ball chop? Any suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
They can use any Spyder threaded barrel so you have lots of choice there. The T-storm isn't a bad marker its a Spyder clone like nearly all of the entry level market. It is sold for cheap at Walmart and a lot of paintballers being just punk kids without any class like to put down anyone that uses anything sold for less than $500 and most of the time the kids still don't have a clue what they are talking about either. I started with a Brass Eagle and I bet a lot of players that like to talk trash about Brass Eagles started with Brass Eagles as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ty crawdaddy, I actually like my tstorm although I've only used it once. There is a lot of information on here so ill keep browsing but I'm still a little unsure as to what size barrel I should get

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx tkmiller, what do u mean by a loss of efficiency? do u mean I can't shoot as fast without breaking any paintballs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Oh ok I understand now, I have to use a big co2 cartridge and adapter to play paintball bcuz I have no way to fill a normal co2 tank. will that be efficient enough for a 12 barrel? Thx for the reply!

I also notice bore size being a big factor the ammo I use is "jt intermidate" that measure .68 at walmart. What bore would be best for shooting these? .685 .689. Or .693?

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
tick with a .689 if youre' only getting one size.

.68 is the basic caliber, and each paint varies slightly from there. It's not a huge deal, but people looking for crazy performance look to get a barrel that's just the perfect fit.

fun fact! different barrel size bores were developed for use with autotcockers so that you coudl pick a size that balls wouldnt' slide through, since the autococker doesn't have detents the hold the ball.

·
Justin
2 Posts
Better marker

I would suggest you just save up your money and eventually buy a better marker. The T-Storm is good enough for the occasional recball match, but if you're serious enough to get a new barrel, then you're serious enough to get a new gun. If you are just a beginner, I recommend a jt stealth, my current gun. It's basically the same thing as a T-Storm, it's just made better and is more reliable. I found mine fir $60 the same I paid for the BE.
However, if you would rather stick with the storm, 12" is the best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts