Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i see that the new Egos cost over $1000 these days and i dont have that type of cash but the older egos like the 05,06,07.. they are WAY cheaper....

can anyone tell me what the major differences are between lets say a Ego 06 and the new 11? and it is really worth the large amount of money? i can find a Ego 06 for like $400 or less.

please give me key feature differences and big or small differences and maybe some personal experience with these guns... any huge diff in rate of fire accuracy?

thank you..

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Egos basically just got smoother, lighter, more efficient. There is a jump in performance from a ego 6, to ego 8, to ego 10. The ones inbetween are slightly better then the year before. Also depending upon how old the ego is, newever ones will have more recent software which is important if you need your gun to be tournament legal.

I recommend an ego 8. I really like how they shoot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what is QEV's? also how much would a ego 8 roughly cost? and im buying this gun for normal paintball places not tournaments.. and i also have a Fasta 18v hopper is that a good hopper for this gun?

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
also with high ends since they produce a new one every year anything major that gets changed means the parts will not be available after a while. Typically anything specific to a marker has a parts run of 2 years, after that you are up a creek if that specific part breaks, fortunately etek is fairly good about using a set of standard parts that are inter-changeable

while the fafsa is probably good enough i wouldnt trust it to be a reliable hopper for the long run, i wouldnt worry about it right now but eventually i would replace it with something better

also, do you already have a HPA tank?

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
what is QEV's? also how much would a ego 8 roughly cost? and im buying this gun for normal paintball places not tournaments.. and i also have a Fasta 18v hopper is that a good hopper for this gun?
I think ego8s are like $400-$550 or so. Egos tend to run a little high in their resale price. Fastas are pretty quick, should be good.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I'm with miller on liking the '10. The '11 is even smoother, especially with the adjustable solenoid, but it's a bit more pricey. PE claims that they won't be changing the platform for a while, so I don't know how quickly prices will drop on the used market, but you could always start with an older one, see how well you like the platform, and upgrade to a newer one down the road if you decide that it's worth it.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
but they would still be producing markers, and as long as those markers are still bought (granted at a slower pace) there would be more of the same marker out there, big supply would outweigh the demand after a while and prices would drop, once high end costs came down prices for mid range stuff would HAVE to come down, afterall who is going to buy a new axe at $600 when they can have a ego for the same price?

also demand would drop off for the new stuff, in order to keep selling the industry thus far has been relying on new innovations to make a demand for the new model, now with literally nothing new coming into the markers demand would drop like a cheap hooker's skirt so in order to keep selling they will need to find other reasons for people to buy and at least the most direct one is to offer it for a cheaper price

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
but they would still be producing markers, and as long as those markers are still bought (granted at a slower pace) there would be more of the same marker out there, big supply would outweigh the demand after a while and prices would drop, once high end costs came down prices for mid range stuff would HAVE to come down, afterall who is going to buy a new axe at $600 when they can have a ego for the same price?

also demand would drop off for the new stuff, in order to keep selling the industry thus far has been relying on new innovations to make a demand for the new model, now with literally nothing new coming into the markers demand would drop like a cheap hooker's skirt so in order to keep selling they will need to find other reasons for people to buy and at least the most direct one is to offer it for a cheaper price
There are two main triggers that hurt e-marker resale: technical obsolescence and a flooded market. The release of a new, "upgraded" model every year has proven to tick both boxes. Sure, PE will likely release a "PL" variant or two, and maybe some new colors, but I expect used Ego11 values to remain stable for a time as there is quite simply no catalyst on the horizon able to instigate a precipitous drop in value.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
for now yes, that has always been the case this far after a new model was released, im talking in a year from now when they are still producing the same ego11 even with or without the release of a PL or two. sales of new ones will drop off because there will be so many out there and best of all, parts are still produced, if PE wants to keep selling them they will need to do something different

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Perhaps less people are buying new... That simply means that there's less supply on the secondary market. With no cyclical mass-selling event to drive down prices, I foresee stability for some time. As far as I see it, we're already just about in 'bonus time' as far as ego11 values go - this is the time of year when a new model would normally debut.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts