Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a tippmann 98 custom 3 years ago because of the claim that they dont need much maintenance. They are durrable, reliable and wont break down on you. I claim all these statements to be total bs! My gun hasnt functioned quite right from day one. Sometimes when i put the tank on it it doesnt air up like it should. However when you take the tank off air comes shooting out everywhere. This has happened before but this is the first time i havent been able to get it under control. I took it out with mi friends today to play and what do ya know. Wont shoot. They played a game and i completely field stripped the whole gun. Came back and i thought i had it working. Go to play a game. Nothing. Used friends ion for 1 round. Came back to try my gun again. what do you know it works. Play 2 games everything is fine. Then the next game its completely inconsistent with how much air its giving each shot. I have never had so many problems with the gun in a day. I really like the gun when its working its just that its very rare that it functions 100%. Idk what to do with the thing. 3 of my friends were using spiders with setups that cost 1/3 of mine and they were having no issues. When a victor beats a 98 in functionality now that just horrible. I need to either send it back to tippmann or just go buy a used gun. How is tippmans customer service? would they fix the problem. If they couldnt fix it would they just give me a new gun?

·
Registered
8 Posts
1. Make sure you pull the bolt back before connecting the tank.
2. When your removing the tank, unscrew 1 turn and shoot off remaining air in gun, then completely remove the tank.
3. I have no idea, try calling tippmann, or sending it in if you have a warranty. I think 98's come with a 1 year one, at least mine did.
4. Are you using CO2 or HPA?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts