Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright this is my first post so cut me some slack. wave:wave:wave:

I was just about to get the JJ Ceramic barrel for my SLG 09, but then I got 20 extra dollars as report card money. So now I'm trying to decide whether I should get the bigshot for 20 bucks more or stick with the JJ.

How do they compare in performance? PLEASE HELP! :confused:

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
I'd stick with the J&J, not only because I think it's better, but with paint size getting smaller and smaller recently, I don't think the Bigshot will shoot as well

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Lapco dropped the Microshot and Autospirt names so now all Lapco barrels are Bigshots with different bore sizes. No idea why they decided to go with the change after all this time. I'd go with a Lapco over a J&J just because I love the finish and quality of Lapco barrels but it isn't like accuracy is going to be noticeably better between the two.

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
What gun?
If you find that you regularly break paint in the gun I'd suggest the J&J as it seems to self clean better than any other barrel I've used.

Lapco barrels have pretty darn good quality control in terms of tolerances but they just don't self clean.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Proto SLG 09. And Im still not certain yet so ill wait for more opinions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, how much quieter do you think the JJ is. And I hardly ever break paint, so im probably gonna go with the Bigshot. The only thing that im worried about though is that some people think its loud. will that really matter that much?

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
You want quiet? Lol, well look at this:
32 Degrees Whisper Barrel | Paintball Review | pbreview.com

Quietest barrel ever made.

(Don't spend too much time reading those reviews (or any review on that site,) PBR is full of idiots who refuse to admit they purchased a **** product.)

To be perfectly honest, unless you're playing woods ball and trying to be a "sniper" the sound signature of your gun doesn't matter at all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright I think I will get the JJ Ceramic if I were to get a 1 piece barrel. Thanks you all=)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts