Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
likes squirrels
109 Posts
I suggest that you check the stickies first. Barrels that you should look at are the cp 1 piece, the j&j ceramic and the smart parts progressive. Out of all of these the cp 1 piece is probably the best and the j&j is second. The length you should look for is around 12-16 inches, 14 is the most common. Any thing past these sizes are counterproductive in the sense that it is less air efficiant because the ball has more friction for a longer period of time. The gist of this is that for the money the cp one peice in 14 inches is the best for your money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking in to some barrels and saw the J&J Performance Full Tilt Ceramic. It's a two piece barrel. do you think it would be good

·
likes squirrels
109 Posts
The theory behind a two peice barrel is that the tip and back can be interchanged, this allows the barrel to always have a good barrel to paint bore match. With the full tilt it doesnt look like there are extra backs availible which kind of defeats the purpose of having a 2 piece barrel. The normal ceramic is a better barrel per dollar, so unless they are around the same price i would go with the normal ceramic. I still like the cp the best they are great.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I kinda lean toward a two piece even if you only get one back. I'm starting to think that a step bore or two piece with a control then a larger bore gives you better accuracy. Not really sure though as I have a Ion with a Scepter Kit and a 98 with a Bigshot. Wish I had both on one gun to make a real determination.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts