Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm gonna get a TI because I need one for class, but most of the time I will be playing games on it. I'm not sure of which one to get though. I was looking here. I really don't wanna go over $100, but tell me what is out there. I might as well get the best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
You shouldn't need anything more than a scientific calculator for class...you can get a decent one for $12 at Walgreens. Go buy a nintendo gameboy if you want to play games...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MuddinPede_98C said:
Ok, I'm gonna get a TI because I need one for class...
Plus, having a few games to help pass the time wouldn't hurt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,779 Posts
used ti-83 plus silver edition. same as 83+ only w/ a silver case. more memory and a much better processor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
You can buy a new TI-83+ for $80 at most stores.

I'd suggest just getting one of those. Although for $125 you can get a TI-84 Plus Silver edition which has tons more memory and is faster and will last you all the way through college.
 

·
¡Viva La Rob!
Joined
·
6,076 Posts
Warpstoner said:
You can buy a new TI-83+ for $80 at most stores.

I'd suggest just getting one of those. Although for $125 you can get a TI-84 Plus Silver edition which has tons more memory and is faster and will last you all the way through college.
a normal ti-83+ will last long enough. i use my older brother's calculator from when he was a freshman, that was almost 6 years ago. it works perfectly fine besides the things that i etched into the case...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
ja289 said:
a normal ti-83+ will last long enough. i use my older brother's calculator from when he was a freshman, that was almost 6 years ago. it works perfectly fine besides the things that i etched into the case...
Oh ya there is no doubt that it will last through time, but if he plans on going to college he'll be in higher math and science classes that require a "better" calculator. Granted an ti83+ would work, but better ones make life easier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,779 Posts
casio already has some with limited color capability. if you are wanting to play games you want nothing but an 83 or 84 series. most games won't work on others. find yourself a used silver edition for like 80 bux or so. ti's are built like friggin tanks. i've had by silver edition for 4 eyars now and its just like new. and i've dropped it, setpped on it, etc and it just dusts itself off and keeps on workin. no need to spend the cash on an 84, which btw is just a glorified 83.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,493 Posts
Get a TI-83+, and keep it for college. You'll be able to use it for all of your classes (unless they change that standard sometime).

Oh ya, and you'll be able to play games on it as well :rolleyes:

A word to advice to those with a TI-83+, pay the $7 online to download and install the periodic table if you plan on ever taking chemistry. It is extremely helpful on chem exams.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top