1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
905 Posts
imo depends on what kind of music you play. numero uno if you play more metel / nu-metal stuff. numero dos if you play more classic rock. aka number one will give you a deeper sound, and sunber 2 will give you a more treble'y (is that a word) sound

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Numba 1. Yep. most definately #1.

The tiger stripe pattern in #2 is just the wrong color to be cool, and #3 just screams 80's glam rock hair metal... plus you will break off those points in no time.

Me -- I am still kinda partial to my old fasioned Cherry Sunrise Gibson Les Paul custom with the gold double humbuckers and mother of pearl pickguard (I thought I wanted to be Jimmy Page)

... ya I know I am an old guy, but that axe can cry and wail as much as you want it to.. and it still looks as sweet as the day I got it...

·
Registered
86 Posts
well i play the bass and the ibanez is good i have 1 but the b.c rich is good but for hard rock it would seem like but go to a place called MUSIC123.COM
it's good look around in it and 1 for the choises.

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
Any Steve Vai fan would choose #1, so that's definitely my choice. I have no idea how the BC Rich guitars like #3 have gotten so popular, but I hope it's a fad that dies off soon.
MedicDVG said:
I am still kinda partial to my old fasioned Cherry Sunrise Gibson Les Paul custom with the gold double humbuckers and mother of pearl pickguard (I thought I wanted to be Jimmy Page)
:drool:
I love all different kinds of guitars, but the Les Paul design is my ultimate favorite. I put EMG 81/85's in mine, which give it a pretty Wylde (pun intended) sound.

I'm actually considering a new guitar pretty soon too, so anyone interested in leaving some feedback is welcome to. It's either:
1. Fender vintage white Stratocaster (a la Yngwie), possibly his signature model. not sure about the scalloped frets, though.
or
2. Gibson Chet Atkins SST

I know they're two very different guitars (played them), but I want/need them both. :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i was leaning more towards number 1 from the beginning. i also like the les paul design but the only ones that i like are like 1500+(way more than i have)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts