Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear alot o talk at the local speedball field about using co2 or HPA or hydrogen for their markers. Which of these woukld perform best for my ion xe and which should simply be avoided?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Like said above, if you use CO2 get an anti-siphon tube installed. Doing this will make it only usable on the gun it is installed for.

If your gun was to pull liquid CO2 in, it will blow the hoses off of the banjo fittings inside the gun.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ion

Cool. I would like to get the best performance i can get from my marker. How hard is it to get a siphon tube installed? I am quite new to the sport and am grateful to receive any help i can get. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Honestly, I'd just be patient and get a high pressure tank even though the ion is a low pressure marker. You'll avoid many problems in the future and be glad you invested in something which (if need be) will actually hold a resale value. There are plenty of forums on here with ppl getting rid of their tanks. Also, I'd suggest looking at packages (here, local, ebay) that don't necessarily have a good marker, but a great tank (you'd be surprised how many are out there). Then just scrap or resell the marker. I've got a 68/45 and am delighted with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds good to me

That sounds like the better way to go from all that im hearing from others. I think i will do just that and wait for a high pressure tank, a little more time and a couple dollars dont sound too bad for a proper setup that will last for a while. Also, what exactly does it ean to 'have the hydro done', as this seems to be a popular phrase for air tank ads.

·
Registered
41 Posts
term simply means when it's due to be tested (ie tank doesn't need to be hydro'd til 2013). It's a test that is performed to make sure there are no leaks to ensure the tank won't rupture (god forbid).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopper?

Dude i really appreciate your willingness to help and assist me with my issues. Its the people that make this sport that much better. When it comes to the hopper for an electro pneumatic, which do you prefer? I been lookin at the viewloader models and some halo models. Any input would help

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ha! I just got back into paintball after 8 years bro. So I'm still pickin up on all the new stuff on the market. blows my mind. When I got out, hoppers just started to become electronic. Luckily, I have a friend who's been playing for the last 6 and he's helped a bunch. I personally own a halo B and absolutely love it. That being said, the last hopper I used was gravity fed lol. I haven't had the opportunity to try out others, so I don't know how much help I can be of in this area. I can say though, for my ion, with proper dwell and rof settings, I can get to 15-18 bps with the stock board. I'm currently buying upgrades for the gun - need a QEV and virtue board as well as a BOB, but for now, the halo seems to working great :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice. ill keep the halo in mind. I just started for the first time and i dont see myself stopping any time soon. Played for the first time a couple weeks ago. Better than sex. Just throwin that out there. If i dont end up gettin the halo hopper i will likel yget the viewloader, ill be sure to let you know how well it feeds. I dont know how soon i will upgrade my board though, probly not for a while. Lemme know how that goes for you though. Any edge i can get on the field helps

·
Registered
41 Posts
edge? that's my shaving cream brand. lol. Speedball surfaced just as I got out too, so I'm still learnin the ropes. I'd say just be mindful of others, watch and learn. You'll (I'm in the same boat) be immediately pegged as a noob (I duct taped NB on the back of my jersey first time out 3 weeks ago as a joke w/ my buddy) - this helped in more ways than I thought - maybe it was just my local field being good about helping (I've heard others aren't so fortunate), but I got the NB status out of the way and everyone knew what to expect. Don't snap from the same spot too long (my own rule of thumb is 10-15 shots max then move, high low, left right, doesn't matter, just move). My first 3 man tournament is the 10th and I'm stoked to play!
You're already a step ahead of me by getting the XE. I just happened to find an awesome local deal on the stock Ion w/ a bunch of gear. I'll let you know on my ups, keep me posted on your progess as well man. I added you to my buddy list (although Idk how to utilize it yet, lol). cheers!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have a buddy? Lol

Ill be sure to add you to my list too, as soon as i figure the forim out. Im new to this forum too. I was going to get the first run ion also, but a guy at my local indoor field showed me how much easier it was to maintain the internal parts and clean the marker after use and thats what ultimately won me over to the slightly more expensive xe model. Some dang good deals floatin around on the ebay for a used ion xe though, if you lookin to upgrade may be a good place to start. You wouldnt happen to know anything about the 9 volt wire harness would you? Found an xe for under 100 but needs new battery harness according to the ad

·
Registered
41 Posts
you'd have to be VERY precise in putting on a new harness. Next time you disassemble, look where the wires run. They go through the back of the board to the front where they're soldered on. Not an impossible task, but you'd have to find some pretty small gauge soldering wire. oh, and i'd recommend practicing before actually doing it on your board. it's literally like a second, 1.5 secs max on the soldering bc the board is so small....gimme about 5 and i'll post a pic..i'm actually undergoing a case of insomnia and have my marker stripped........i'm having uber trouble unscrewing my fn feedneck (got a new one today)...which is why it's apart

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice, i aint bought the marker yet, was curious what kinda monies and time would be involved in putting that on. Dont wanna fry the board though so i may just go ahead with purchase of one in new condition. The pics will help me decide wether or not i will purchase and attempt repair. I work nights so im up all night too. I just would prefer my nightly activity be as much fun as stripping down my marker. Wish i could help with the feed neck issue, i aint even sure how to take it off

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the link worked. And if thats how small i gotta work with i may just pass. I dont think i have any tool small enough to fix that. Do you think maybe a computer repair store would repair that? 100 dollars would be a great price for another ion xe if the repair is possible and affordable

·
Registered
41 Posts
possibly, i'd call around first before purchasing just to make sure, but hey, you could always use the extra marker for parts if they can't...it's not too hard to solder, supplies would be cheap too. it literally takes anyone with a brain to figure out how to solder with about 5-10 mins of practice

1 - 20 of 25 Posts