Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

What should i do?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
k so i saw that thread tony made about the cheap mp3 player and decided i wanted one. i found slickdeals.com and found out about this Creative Zen Xtra 30gb that was discontinued, but the last ones were being sold at Office Depot for about 100 bucks out the door (retails for about 225). all of the OD around me were out, so I looked on ebay. I found this one http://tinyurl.com/9mfm9 bid on it but ended up not winning it. I also found this Phillips 20gb, bid on it and won http://tinyurl.com/73ma3. then I got a second-chance offer on the Creative, so I have the opportunity to buy that one as well. i obviously don't need both, so i need to choose what to do. should i pick the phillips, pass on the creative, vice versa, or buy both and give one to my gf?

and no, i dont want an ipod, dont bother

·
No comment
1,770 Posts
The Creative looks like it's big. Don't know anything about the Phillips one. And also, a while ago when I was reading up on mp3 players people had problems with the headphone jacks on all Creative mp3 players have problems, like they just sorta stop workin after a few months. And my friend got a Creative Zen Mini and after a couple months, not sure exactly what the problem was, but it stopped working. So, IMO just get the Phillips.

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the creative=3" x 4.4" x 0.9" x 7.2oz
phillips=2.5" x 4.2" x 0.7" x 5.9oz

for comparison, a 30gb ipod is 2.4" x 4.1" x 0.7" x 6.2oz. so the phillips is only .1" larger height and width wise, but .3oz lighter. the creative is 1/2" longer and .2" wider, and ~1oz heavier. having said that, size isnt that huge a concern to me

·
Crack
1,233 Posts
Have you seen Zpyro? Hes huge, these things will be like candy in his hands.

I wouldnt want to buy something discontinuted...discontinued means discontinued warrenty? No more support for the product...no demand when you wanna sell it. Might have probs, hard to fix.

·
No comment
1,770 Posts
zpyro said:
the creative=3" x 4.4" x 0.9" x 7.2oz
phillips=2.5" x 4.2" x 0.7" x 5.9oz

for comparison, a 30gb ipod is 2.4" x 4.1" x 0.7" x 6.2oz. so the phillips is only .1" larger height and width wise, but .3oz lighter. the creative is 1/2" longer and .2" wider, and ~1oz heavier. having said that, size isnt that huge a concern to me
Alright... Then on the basis that I don't trust Creative products, I'd still get the Phillips and pass on the Creative.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
ZeRO eFFeCT said:
Have you seen Zpyro? Hes huge, these things will be like candy in his hands.

I wouldnt want to buy something discontinuted...discontinued means discontinued warrenty? No more support for the product...no demand when you wanna sell it. Might have probs, hard to fix.
when i got my gen 3 15gig ipod on clearance i still got warrenty.

·
Registered
905 Posts
paintchick15 said:
get a dell dj.
I second that. Ive had mine for years and its never broken once, they are bricks. The Nomad Zen extra is crap. Its hard to navigate with the side scroll button, breaks easily, and just feels really cheaply made.

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you guys (paintchick+ninja) just don't get the point of a poll with only 4 choices, do you? :sly:

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dudeus000 said:
isnt that what you said when you got engaged? :eek:

sorry bro. couldnt resist...
no, she had cheated on me long before then

1 - 20 of 29 Posts