Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy a new gun for my little brother and since I know virtually nothing about Spyders I would like to ask you guys which mechanical marker should I get (used) for cheap. He isnt really a newbie to the sport but needs a good reliable gun to go play every other weekend or so. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is an Xtra worth upgrading or should I go with something a little better? He wants a good gun that he can upgrade easily. The only reason I ask is they are pretty cheap (probably too cheap IMO). I just cant see a 60 dollar gun really being worth putting money into.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
yep...they got it.

I'm gonna throw the rodeo in just for kicks, but i would notsuggest it. it's not worth the money for a mech

you're asking if a $60 gun is upgradabel and worth keeping?
The X-tra is a good gun for $60, no dbout about that. the onyl real things you can do to it that is worth themoney are buy a new hopper, buy a better barrel(I suggest J&J ceramics) and get an E-trigger. If your brother is gonna want an E-Trigger i say get the imagine cuz you can pick it up on ebay for around $80 (and the E-trigger frame costs something around $60...so you're saving $30 with the imagine).
other stuff you can get is a high pressuer air tank that replaces co2 and then you'll also need a reg.

the tankand hopper will work on any marker you ever get, but nothing else will. in answer to your question I would say if you got a new barrel and MAYBE a new hopper for the Xtra it'd be perfect. so yes, a $60 marker is worth upgrading, but dont' go overboard.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hey man the xtra is a nice marker. They shoot like crap out of the box but when you get a progressive barrel on it it shoots nice. I know alot of people here think progressives are crappy barrels but chances are,the people that say that they are,are shooting high end guns with boomsticks...$37 progressive-$120 boomstick.Big difference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks. I didnt know what used Spyders go for. I have tried to find a difference between an Xtra and pretty much any other mechanical Spyder(compact, original, etc) but to no avail. I will probably get the Xtra. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts